PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Outdoor Letters

Peter Meacham
12-02-2008, 8:33 PM
Does anyone have a souce for preformed plastic letters suitable for outdoors other than Gemini pls (it looks like they will only sell to established sign shops and I am a general woodworker that makes signs occasionally).

Keith Outten
12-02-2008, 9:12 PM
Peter,

How about having soneone here make them for you, post a request in the Engravng and CNC Forums....there are lots of people here who can make just about anything you need.

Joe Pelonio
12-03-2008, 8:11 AM
They are also available from Grimco, Inc., and some of the sign supplies, but all of them require that you be a sign business to purchase wholesale. The idea is to prevent competing against their customers.

Scott Shepherd
12-03-2008, 2:23 PM
If you are a woodworker who makes signs from time to time, then you are a sign maker in their eyes (as far as I know).

Go ahead and sign up and act like a sign maker. They'll sell them to you.

Joe Pelonio
12-03-2008, 3:30 PM
If you are a woodworker who makes signs from time to time, then you are a sign maker in their eyes (as far as I know).

Go ahead and sign up and act like a sign maker. They'll sell them to you.
The name of the company matters little, it's just having a resale license #
and stating that you sell signs.

Peter Meacham
12-08-2008, 8:35 AM
Thanks to all who replied.

I ended up cutting my own letters from .75 baltic birch and applied a couple of coats of red paint. They turned out good. Two different sizes for two signs.

In any case, I think the readily available letters probably come in fixed sizes and I needed custom sizes.

So, all is well that ends well.

I think I will sign up with Gemini or another supplier so I can get the commercial lettering in the future.

Thanks again.