PDA

View Full Version : Apology: For the ladies: women in woodworking

Christopher Pine
06-08-2004, 11:03 AM
I want to apologize for any offense I caused with a post that I recently put on here. I think it was in General woodworking area. (It has been deleted) The picture was a spoof on women in woodworking. I sincerely did not mean any offense at all. I have learned much of what I know about woodworking from women... as a matter of fact until last year the woodworkers guild I am treasurer for had a woman president. I learned a lot from her!
So no offense was intended I was just using it for humour and evidently someone found it offensive.
Sincerely Chris Pine

Donnie Raines
06-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Christopher,

I am fond of those who step up to the plate and take thier medicine. Good for you!

I, too, have learned a good deal from a female woodworker and enjoyed every bit of it.

Gary Whitt
06-08-2004, 11:44 AM
About 98% of the folks probably found it humorous, also.
It's a shame there are so many thin-skinned folks in society.
Thank goodness they are still a minority of society.
A life without humor is a sad life, indeed.

Ken Garlock
06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Christopher, it takes a person of character to step up to the bar, and admit to an error in judgement, be it small or large. It seems that so much of our society spends their time trying to blame someone else rather than admit they made the mistake....

It is done, it is repaired, let us move on. :) I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Rob Littleton
06-08-2004, 1:07 PM
Someone actually got offended by that........how shallow.........

Anyways, good for you for stepping up and acknowledging it.....

Mac McAtee
06-08-2004, 1:18 PM
Chris,
You have nothing to apologize for.

Kenn Osborne
06-08-2004, 1:19 PM
I didn't get a chance to see it .... can you email it to me? Too bad it offened somone or maybe it didn't and people just wanted to cover their backsides. Soon we won't have any freedom of expression or place to put it. Oh well. Email me it if you can.

Earl Kelly
06-08-2004, 2:07 PM
Chris, I saw it and laughed, showed it to my Wife and she laughed. I felt you had nothing to apologize for.

Darlene D
06-08-2004, 2:11 PM
I am a woman - and felt no offense by it. All it did was cause me to groan and roll my eyes. I must admit, I have told one or two jokes about men!!

What a dull life it would be without a little humour!!

Tim Morton
06-09-2004, 7:29 PM
Thanks Darlene...you took the words out of my mouth...I see lots of jokes emailed to my wife from her girlfriends and alot of them discuss the lack of virtues in the male species, with a disproportionate amount specific to the married variety. :D