PDA

View Full Version : Free Wooden Boxes

Steve Clarkson
12-02-2008, 6:40 PM
So I went into this shady place today to buy a cigar to engrave....and I got talking to the owner who was showing me all the different cigars he had for sale. Anyway, to make a long story short (as much as I can), I noticed that almost all the cigars were in these nice wooden boxes....well, the owner says he has tons of empty ones in the back room and ends up giving me like 10 of them for free. Most have stickers all over them, but they are pretty easily removed. So if you haven't been to your local cigar store, stop in and chat and you just may walk out with an unlimited supply of free wooden boxes!

Pete Simmons
12-02-2008, 7:25 PM
I have a local friend who gives me his empty cigar boxes.

Many are very thin veneer which are just about impossible to do much of anything with since they need a little sanding to get the original logo removed and that destroys the veneer.

A few are thin wood which I sand down add a quick coat of poly and engrave without problems.

Tom Delaney
12-02-2008, 7:59 PM
:) Following a similar line - I brought a few engraved cigars into a shop ( I did buy them at their shop just to engrave --- don't smoke!). The owner is really high on the idea. Pricing is tricky but he is talking of doing boxes at a time!