PDA

View Full Version : Help Making Vector

Pete Simmons
12-02-2008, 3:06 PM
Thought I had this on my BerryBasket CD but it does not seem to be there.

It is almost 0.25 thick so when scanned shadows mess up the image making convert to vector in Corel X3 poor.

Any ideas on how to scan better or convert to vector some other way?

I have a better scan available if needed. I just uploaded a smaller file to save running into file to large when trying to upload.

Scott Shepherd
12-02-2008, 3:39 PM
Tried scanning it with the lid of the scanner open instead of closed? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it might be worth a try.

Pete Simmons
12-02-2008, 3:52 PM
Scott- Scanning with the lid open sounds like a good way to get rid of the shadows.

Except -- My scanner, the lid is the scanner as it can be removed and held against something on a wall. Maybe I will just secure the cross to the lid and place it so there is no close background and try it.

Thanks for the idea.

Shaddy Dedmore
12-02-2008, 4:03 PM
is there a way to scan in the image as black and white as opposed to greyscale or color? If you go by names, try using the Fax setting or Document.

there is sometimes a threshold setting that can be adjusted when using black/white, play with that to minimise the shadows that make it through

Shaddy

Joe Pelonio
12-02-2008, 4:10 PM
Place a sheet of black paper behind it on the scanner.

Frank Corker
12-02-2008, 4:58 PM
See this. Not great but it's better than nothing.

Pete Simmons
12-02-2008, 7:28 PM
Just a quick update.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.
I have been communicating offline with Frank C. and again he has gone way beyond in the help dept. It is late now in his part of the world but I asked him to explain how he did the conversion when he has time.

Thanks Frank!!

Frank Corker
12-03-2008, 9:13 AM
Thanks Pete, it was actually very simple once I was supplied with a better image, but the processing was the same as I had done for the small one above. Lighten the forefront, darken the background so it was true black and then you the trace feature in Corel. Tada!

Bill W. White
12-04-2008, 1:43 AM
Bout as good as I could do from photo..I'm going to try and cut it out on corian BW

Frank Corker
12-04-2008, 7:01 AM
Bill I have altered yours in one way only - I have given it all hairline, the one that you posted will only cut in about three areas. Excellent work on your tracing by the way.

Scott Erwin
12-07-2008, 7:19 PM
can it get reposted in ver 12