PDA

View Full Version : Hulu anyone?

Scott Shepherd
12-02-2008, 2:16 PM
Anyone using hulu.com ?

I've seen a couple of people link to clips on there, but have you experienced hulu.com yet? WOW.....very cool stuff if you have broadband. You can watch a lot of tv shows for free. It's not live, so you can't watch a new episode in real time, but I know many of them are available the next day.

Plus, there is an archive of old shows. So you can find tons of the shows we watched as kids. All free.

There are new shows like 24, Prison Break, The Office, as well as things like Miami Vice, News Radio, etc.

Check it out. It's all legal and done by industry professionals.

Randal Stevenson
12-02-2008, 2:30 PM
Big problem for me, is it requires a later version of flash then is available for my 64 bit OS (Linux). I have visited, but the show selection was in actuality limited and had very few seasons of the shows I did want to see. I think we are still behind on what the media wants us to have and what the public wants. (not to mention speed/bandwidth issues yet)

Dennis Peacock
12-02-2008, 2:48 PM
Yup....I use it from time to time and like many of the older shows they have on there. Pretty cool.

Dan Mages
12-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I spent a good half day watching Lawrence of Arabia while I was in Dallas for Thanksgiving with my In-laws.

Good stuff

Dan

Jim Podsedly
12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
An old boss of mine was one of the guys that started that business.

I will have to let him know that his company is being talked about on a woodworker's forum! He will get a kick out of it.

Jim

Belinda Barfield
12-05-2008, 11:09 AM
A slight veering off topic here, for which I apologize to Scott-Steve, but I figure you guys will know if anyone does. There are two shows I'd love to see again (I'm too cheap to buy the DVDs) that I can't seem to find. One was a muppet/puppet series called "Dinosaurs" that aired from '91 to '94, I believe. The other is the cartoon series "Tick". I just loved both of those shows. Anyone know of a site that has either of these? I've searched but came up empty.

Thanks for the Hulu info. I can now watch "Bewitched" to my heart's content! Oh, and the "real life" verson of "Tick".

Wes Bischel
12-05-2008, 10:13 PM
You bet! We've been able to introduce my 6 year old son to some old classic shows - the shows I grew up with.:rolleyes::D I hooked up the laptop to the TV - with a wireless mouse, things work out as well as using a remote and TV.

Wes

Jim Podsedly
12-06-2008, 8:14 AM
Belinda,

My old boss said he has fired off some emails to try and get Tick and Dinosaurs on Hulu. He said that Tick should wasy to get but Dinosaurs may be a little trickier but will try.

Jim

Paul Greathouse
12-06-2008, 8:51 AM
I used Hulu to watch one of the presidential debates live one night when I was stuck at work. It may have run slightly behind the actual television airing but it was on the same night and roughly the same time schedule.

Reed Wells
12-07-2008, 6:13 PM
Oh yes, I am about half way through the Simon & Simon 40 some episodes.