PDA

View Full Version : Praying Hands Image

Stephen Beckham
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I've seen several on google/yahoo, but nothing engraver ready...

Anyone willing to share a set of praying hands that's not 1"X1" and 72 dpi?

TIA

bruce cain
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Will this work?

Stephen Beckham
12-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Beautiful Bruce - thanks - that's a huge time saver....

Steve

Frank Corker
12-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Steve, just for your information the one that Bruce has uploaded is a negative image, there are a couple of choices on this one.

Stephen Beckham
12-02-2008, 2:16 PM
Thanks Mr. Graphics....

That's actually got a Vector one in there as well - that will make for some neat acrylic cutouts...

Much appreciation to you Frank....

Lisa Walter
12-02-2008, 4:10 PM
I've seen several on google/yahoo, but nothing engraver ready...

Anyone willing to share a set of praying hands that's not 1"X1" and 72 dpi?

TIA

Yeah I finally get to help someone! :)

Lisa

Stephen Beckham
12-03-2008, 9:14 PM
Lisa - I like the one with the cross - it's on the job list to be converted to an ornament... I'll post it back when done... Thanks...

Steve

Stephen Beckham
12-04-2008, 9:09 AM
Well here's what I put together this morning. Apparently I missed the center of gravity, so if anyone uses it, they might want to move the hole cutout just a bit over the hands to the weight allows it to sit even...

Enjoy - and thanks again to Lisa for the image...

Steve Clarkson
12-04-2008, 9:13 AM
Steve,

Very nice.....my friend asked me to make an ornament for his Church....I think I'll try this and raster the Church's name around the circle. Thanks for sharing your file!

Brian Robison
12-04-2008, 9:14 AM
Could we get that in a V12 please?
Or better yet, send me the money to upgrade!:D

Jim Good
12-04-2008, 9:49 AM
Good try Brian!!!

Jim

Psst. If someone bites, let me know. I need to upgrade to X4.:D

Frank Corker
12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Brian this is version 9 - I've centred it and made the outer circle round (it was slightly ovaled.

James Rambo
12-04-2008, 9:44 PM
Thanks Frank. I have not upgraded from v12 either.

Stephen Beckham
12-05-2008, 7:56 AM
Steve - no issues - Lisa is the one that uploaded the image first, so she gets first dibs on credit...

Frank - I noticed the oval in the original trace and it was horribly out of shape (lumpy as most traces are). When I re-drew the circle and eliminated the outer band, the circle made it look squished a bit, so being that the hands were tall/narrow, I re-shaped the circle back to fit the oval of the original design...

The biggest question I was concerned with was hanging straight - it's always fun trying to find that center of gravity...

Either way - it's something for the WOW factor as people walk in... And it was simple design that was easy to convert...

Funny thing is - the original job I needed the hands for when I started this thread... Well, she changed her mind and now wants a different image - oh well, we all got a nice ornament out of it... CHOW.....