PDA

View Full Version : Corel Guru's.... Page size question.

Stephen Beckham
12-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Well - Anyone have the know-how to remove the default paper sizes? I don't need Japanese and German and all the ABC sizes - I'd like to remove all the default sizes and keep just the standard six that I use...

Any ideas? I know I can delete my 'added' sizes, but I don't know how to remove the default sizes...

Steve

Frank Corker
12-02-2008, 5:29 PM
I have to be honest and don't understand why you have any pages which are foreign. It would have to have been done when you were installing it. I would suggest that it will be in one of the ini files that you have in the directory C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 13\config

Greg Miller
12-02-2008, 6:35 PM
I haven't deleted any of my page setups but if I did you can find the steps I would try below. This is obviously the location you are talking about and the different language page sizes load by default. If the Delete Page Setup doesn't let you delete the default page sizes then you might be out of luck. I would think you can delete any page sizes 'you' have added.

CorelDraw X4

Go to -> Layout(top menu) -> Page Setup-> Page-> Size(Page)-> Paper: click on arrown on drop down menu (which shows different page setups)->Highlight a setup you don't want and click on the "Delete Page Setup" Button which is half way down the page.

Greg

Stephen Beckham
12-02-2008, 9:53 PM
Frank - I took a snapshot of the Paper Type/Size drop down. These are all the sizes that installed with the default settings. Went through the ini files and didn't find the culprit. I created a page with a peculiar name and then searched for it - couldn't find it. So they do well at hiding the storage location of these default settings.

Greg - When I go to the settings you refer to, it will let me delete any that I have created, but it will not let me remove any of the default. Been there through your way and through the customization part of the tools dropdown...

Thanks for the input - I'll keep looking...

Steve

Michael Wintermute
12-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Steve,
I belive you will find them here for the X4 version not sure where for older versions:

C:\Documents and Settings\(USER-NAME)\Application Data\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Config\PaperTypes.xml

Mike

Frank Corker
12-05-2008, 6:41 AM
I just checked mine and I have it too. Fantastic, Japanese fold, exactly what I needed :rolleyes:

Mike Null
12-05-2008, 7:05 AM
I wouldn't be so fast to delete them. I don't think they cause any problems and there may be occasion to use them.

Roy Nicholson
12-05-2008, 7:12 AM
There's a few of the Corel people in ther that keep an eye on things you may get some advice.

http://coreldraw.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=13

Regards

Roy N.

Stephen Beckham
12-09-2008, 8:51 PM
Thanks Roy - got the answer I didn't want to hear...

X4 upgrade allows the removal of any of the default sizes you don't need... Guess I'll be scrolling through them for a while longer waiting to upgrade to X4...

Steve