PDA

View Full Version : Half Done Sailboat

John Bailey
12-02-2008, 3:15 AM
In another thread I mentioned my half done sailboat. There was a question, and rather than hijack that thread I thought I'd direct folks to the site I kept up while working on the boat.

The boat is an Ian Oughtred Whilly Boat. During the build I came out of retirement and started a new job. I've been working 10-12 hrs. a day and haven't had time to work on the boat. I also decided to upgrade my shop a bit with some vintage woodworking machines, and the restoration process has taken time, not to mention money.

Here's the building site:

http://www.mavc2002.com/cyforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=513

I've got one more machine to pick up and I'll be ready to start, and hopfully finish this project this winter.

I had a lot of fun documenting the build and I'm anxious to get back to work on it.

Enjoy!!

John

Angus Hines
12-02-2008, 9:38 AM
Nice looking sailboat there John....Now whens it going to be done???:)

John Bailey
12-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Nice looking sailboat there John....Now whens it going to be done???:)

As you can see by the dates on the posts, I haven't done much lately. I've got one more machine to pick up right after Christmas. It's in Maine and I'll be going out there right after Christmas. So, my plan is to make it a winter project and have it done for spring.

Also, as you can see by the pictures, I'm very optimistic when I say "half" done. What you can't see is the "half" done (again a very optimistic description) kayak hanging from the rafters.
:o

John