PDA

View Full Version : Advice or Comments on Older Grizzley Jointer and Planner

John Peterson
12-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Hey guys, I was all set for my next tool purchase, and all of a sudden on craigslist someone listed a Grizzly G1021 15" 2hp Planner and a Grizzly G0459 6" x 47" Jointer. He wants 500 for the planner and 200 for the jointer. Right now I have neither and want both. I feel that this will be the easiest and most economical way to get into milling lumber.

Although after looking at the pictures and see what some of the other G1021 planners sell for and their condition (show room) this being used, Im wondering if this is really a "deal" like I thought it was. He said that he would sell them together as a "package" and I originally thought $600 for both. Now I thinking lower, but I dont want him to think that Im lowballing him. I really would like a 8" jointer but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Like I said right now I have nothing. So does anyone has any thoughts comments or advice?

Eric DeSilva
12-02-2008, 7:32 AM
The only point of reference I can provide is that I picked up an older Grizzly 20" planer (G1033) and 8" jointer (G0500) for $700 or $750 (can't remember now, its early) in a package deal. Both were is pretty good shape, although the mag switch cover on the planer was broken. The more I look at CL, however, the more I'm thinking I got a steal.