PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

Devlyn Hukowich
12-01-2008, 5:09 PM
I just confirmed order and delivery for a 60w desktop unit. Motiontek L20 in Canada, Jcut or anyone of a few names elsewhere. 20" x 12" table.
I have been lurking for a few months, but am impressed with the level of discussion and hope to be able to get some assistance as well as provide some once I get up to speed.
The primary use of the laser will be for wood working but as a noobie I expect that most flat surfaces will be attempted at one time or another.
If any one has some setup tips please feel free. I receive the unit this Friday, so after setup, swearing :) and burning I might have something happening by Sunday.

I update this after the weekend with my experiences.

Devlyn

Margaret Turco
12-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi Devlyn,
Welcome! I don't know anything about your laser, but I hope the setup goes well. If you have any specific questions, you may find your answers in a search of previous posts. (I do that a lot!) Good luck!

Devlyn Hukowich
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Well Saturday was a busy day. Had to build the desk, run the exhaust duct, and assemble everything. Only a few problems so far. The chiller was causing me a bit of a problem. When they say fill it up they mean it:o.
Also the laser strength on the right side of the table was low, but checking all of the mirrors and jiggling things a bit fixed that. The hour long ride to the house was smooth but could have been better.
For those of you who said that the LaserCut 5.1 software left a bit to be desired ... you are very right. I have to get Corel Draw X3 and get it installed. The LaserCut software has too many limitations to be at all useful.

Overall I am pleased with the unit and it has performed well for what I have done so far. I am still in the experimentation mode but by next week hope to be getting things done.

Devlyn