PDA

View Full Version : Going to Marvin Windows

Matt Ocel
12-01-2008, 8:42 AM
My lumber salesman, along with the Marvin Rep. is taking a handful of us contractors on the Marvin plane up to Warroad MN to tour the plant. Its right on Lake of the Woods, a stones throw to Canada.

I'm pretty excited to be able to see the inner goings at Marvin.
Maybe do a little Walleye fishing through the ice too.

Jim Becker
12-01-2008, 9:34 AM
That will be interesting...the window business does some neat things in manufacturing.

Benjamin Dahl
12-01-2008, 10:39 AM
yeah Matt, that should be fun. when I was in school in the Twin Cities I always remember seeing the Warroad HS hockey team in the tournament. I was amazed at how such a small town produced such good teams. not sure if they still do but you sparked some memories.

Ben Franz
12-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Cool tour - wish I was going. Marvin and Andersen have always been my window of choice when the budget allows. Marvin seems a little more expensive but they allow custom sizing (at a price) which is good in some retrofit situations.

Ken Garlock
12-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a fun trip, Matt.

Take a close look for some of my money.:eek: We have 34 of their windows in our home, including the patio door, and 6 in the shop, 2 in the front garage, 3 in the rear garage, and 3 in the dormers. The Marvin patio door is a joy to use, even the contractors remarked about its quality and ease of movement. We get some pretty hot weather in the summer, and the sun shadow on the carpet is just barely noticeable to the touch.
They are definitely a quality product.:cool:

Since Warroad is on the Canadian border, you better take your parka. :) I was also told that many, if not most, employees are Canadian folks that cross the border everyday.

Give us a report of the trip when you get back.:):cool:

Bruce Koch
12-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Matt
I am also a general contreactor in MN. I have son working in r and d in the door part of it. I believe the tour doesn't include r and d. It is a big place with 40 acres under roof. You will get your share of walking and a good view of window assembly.

Pat Germain
12-01-2008, 2:20 PM
I was just thinking how ironic it would be if, like most factories, the 40-acre facility had no windows. ;)

Peter Stahl
12-02-2008, 7:55 AM
My lumber salesman, along with the Marvin Rep. is taking a handful of us contractors on the Marvin plane up to Warroad MN to tour the plant. Its right on Lake of the Woods, a stones throw to Canada.

I'm pretty excited to be able to see the inner goings at Marvin.
Maybe do a little Walleye fishing through the ice too.

Hopefully they don't throw any back with all those window there! Sounds like it will be a great tour, have a good time.

Karl Brogger
12-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I was just thinking how ironic it would be if, like most factories, the 40-acre facility had no windows. ;)

I worked for Cardinal Glass when I turned 18. Nope, no windows.
A local air conditioning factory, not air conditioned.

Matt Ocel
12-02-2008, 7:29 PM
I worked for Cardinal Glass when I turned 18. Nope, no windows.
A local air conditioning factory, not air conditioned.

Which Cardinal, the one in St louis park? I new a some guys that work there.

Karl Brogger
12-02-2008, 8:58 PM
Nope the one in Northfield.