PDA

View Full Version : Automatic vector sorting

frank fang
12-01-2008, 12:33 AM
can anyone tell me what automatic vector sorting is?
thanks
Frank

Tim Bateson
12-01-2008, 1:49 AM
From the Epilog manual: If vector sorting is enabled, vectors will cut from the inside out. As an example, if you have a small circle surrounded by a large circle, the small circle will cut first.
If sorting is disabled, the vectors will cut in the order in which they are presented, which with most software applications will mean in the order they were drawn.
I can tell you for fact on my Epilog Mini 24 - checked or unchecked, the only vector sorting done, is if I manually sort each segment.

Rodne Gold
12-01-2008, 2:24 AM
It also sometimes applys to the way vectors are cut , some packages cut vectors in the order they were drawn , a sort program allows the vectors to be cut so the machine makes the least movements possible ...often shortening cut times and possibilities for error.

Shaddy Dedmore
12-01-2008, 2:55 AM
I can tell you for fact on my Epilog Mini 24 - checked or unchecked, the only vector sorting done, is if I manually sort each segment.

same for my 24TT Shaddy

Frank Corker
12-01-2008, 4:38 AM
I have just downloaded the new drivers for the mini/helix and they appear to have done something with that (haven't tried it yet though) so if anyone does have the chance, post it.

Bill Cunningham
12-02-2008, 9:43 PM
same for my 24TT Shaddy

My TT sorts vector cuts from the inside out.. I.E. if I'm engraving and etching a panel, it will engrave all the text, then start cutting the holes , once the holes are all cut, it moves to the outline and cuts that. This allows all the little hole blanks to fall out, before cutting the final shape.. It will not however organize a vector cut shape for the best efficiency..

Hmm another question answered.. When I posted this I was a 'member' (just upgraded again) so I guess Contributor status is one year from 'last' contribution, and not a calendar year.. Sounds reasonable...

Stephen Beckham
12-02-2008, 9:58 PM
I'm with Tim - either selected or not-selected, my vector cuts will run the same way unless I manually set them in the order I want - PITA with some of my cuts.... I just let it run it's course - when a customer asks why it jumps all over when cutting, I say it must of had a late night last night and is a bit confused - but it'll be okay... Hesitate and then calmly state - you might want to back up a bit....:D You never know what kind of reaction you can get...

Tim Bateson
12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Frank, Thanks for the heads-up on the new Epilog Driver.
I have now tested the 8.02 driver and the "Inside-Out" vector sorting does work. I ran a job that had been cutting the outside first & now it runs the way it should - inside first then the outside.
Later today I'll test the "Optimize" vector sorting.