PDA

View Full Version : A gift for a new teacher

Donn Morris
11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
My daughter had a student teacher for the first half of the year that she really liked. She wanted to make her a pen so I told here she would have to help. She's 9 and did the roughing and did a great job. I helped her get the final shape she wanted and she did the finishing. Turned out pretty nice. :rolleyes:

The kit is a teachers pen from Penn State with Blood Wood, Wenge and Curly Maple.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Donn,

No offense....I would recommend not showing any of your turnings with that beautiful background.....nobody will notice the turnings...:rolleyes:

Nice pen...a great gift for a teacher.....They seldom get the credit they deserve or even just a little appreciation!

Bernie Weishapl
11-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Ditto what Ken said. The pen looks great and will be a wonderful gift.

Donn Morris
11-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Donn,

No offense....I would recommend not showing any of your turnings with that beautiful background.....nobody will notice the turnings...:rolleyes:

Nice pen...a great gift for a teacher.....They seldom get the credit they deserve or even just a little appreciation!
:D Thanks!

Maylon Harvey
11-30-2008, 11:45 PM
There's a pen there??
Seriously Donn, nice pen, it's nice of your daughter to want to show her appreciation. I'm sure your proud.

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Wow - what a special gift! I am sure the teacher will love it - especially knowing that your daughter helped make it! Very nice pen!

Jim Becker
12-01-2008, 7:48 AM
An excellent gift! And ditto to what Ken said...

I hope your daughter will continue to participate in your hobby, too!

Paul Douglass
12-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Tell me that girl doesn't already know how to work those beautiful big brown eyes! I bet she pretty much gets anything she wants from Dad. I know my Daughter did, er still does even at 37! Great pen, great gift, the teacher will treasure it.

robert hainstock
12-01-2008, 12:17 PM
he pen is nice too. I suspect she'll want to do more, and so another soul into the vortex. :):)
Bob

Greg Just
12-01-2008, 6:54 PM
That is a great gift. I did something similar for my son's teachers last year. Nice job Donn

Jim Kountz
12-01-2008, 7:54 PM
Im going to go on record and say that your daughter will never forget that teacher now! Great project!!

Skip Spaulding
12-01-2008, 8:18 PM
A couple of real beautys Donn! You just may have to find room for a 2nd lathe.

Donn Morris
12-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Tell me that girl doesn't already know how to work those beautiful big brown eyes! I bet she pretty much gets anything she wants from Dad. I know my Daughter did, er still does even at 37! Great pen, great gift, the teacher will treasure it.Oh yes, she uses those eyes very well! Daddy is still wrapped pretty tightly around her finger. *sigh* I don't mind much. We had a great time working together and I hope the vortex infects her too!

Steve Mawson
12-02-2008, 9:17 PM
Nice pen but those big dark brown eyes are going to break some boys heart or else wrap them around her little finger.