PDA

View Full Version : BenchDog router extension

Larry Charlot
11-30-2008, 8:57 PM
BenchDog 40-031 ProMAX Table/Extension Cast Iron router top with 28" ProFence (http://allprotools.com/BenchDog-40-031-ProMAX-Table-Extension-Cast-Iron-router-top-with-28-ProFence-p-16372.html)

Is there such a thing as the BenchDog Router extension left Tilt? all I have seen say right tilt so that it would be mounted on the left. My table saw it left tilt and would need to be mounted on the right but I don't see that there would not be any difference. I have a small shop and doing a combo with my router and table saw would be nice.

found this info, so think it will work.
Fits all "contractor grade" table saws and all right tilt "cabinet grade" table saws (with 27" deep cast iron tables) Note: Will not work as a left extension on "cabinet grade" saws with left side protruding motors (left tilt). You must mount to right side instead. Can be mounted on right side away from saw with T-square style fences. You must provide your own filler board and leg set.

Larry

Robert Andrew
11-30-2008, 9:03 PM
I have Jet contractor saw and have the Bench Dog cast iron extension on the right side of the table. No problem at all.

Rob

Neal Clayton
11-30-2008, 9:08 PM
larry, look at the quality grinding/machine forum at the bottom. they can make you a custom right side extension out of 1/2" steel for about the same price as the bench dog.

that's what i did for my powermatic 66.

Bruce Page
11-30-2008, 9:18 PM
It shouldn’t make any difference at all. If you plan on also mounting a crosscut table off of the BD, you’ll have a gap from the radiuses on the outboard corners of the BD.

Jim Becker
11-30-2008, 9:56 PM
The BenchDog cast iron router "wing" will work on either side of the saw blade. You just can't put it on the side where the motor cover is; hence, the issue with most left-tilt saws and putting it on the left side.

Larry Charlot
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM
My motor is in the back and wouldn't make a difference left or right so looks like I am good to go.

Larry

bob hart
12-30-2008, 9:54 PM
I also have a PM66 left tilt. Although the motor cover is not a problem, what about the tilt mechanism? Looks like it would be OK but I am a little concerned about it.

Also, what about the fact that the PM table depth is 28 while the BD extension is only 27. It seems as though hole alignment may be an issue along with the difference in dimension.

Bob