PDA

View Full Version : Saburr Rotary Burrs

Ben Franz
11-30-2008, 5:57 PM
Does anyone have experience using these burrs? I'm thinking about trying them for rough out work using a die grinder. I wonder if they're worth the extra cost. I know most carvers here favor hand tools over power but it seems like this would be a good method for removing large amounts of waste. Any suggestions for alternate methods also appreciated.

randall rosenthal
12-01-2008, 9:16 AM
they work. i like them. i prefer a mallet an a large gouge for most rough out work but various disks and angle grinders can be very useful. routers work well too if you are working off a flat surface.

John Novak
12-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I like the Typhoon Carbide Burs for rough work. There are several basic shapes - ball, cylinder, ballnose, taper, flame, etc. The basic shapes are covered with needle sharp carbide points. That are available with 1/4", 1/8" and a limited number with 3/32" shank. The can be used with die grinders, foredom grinders, and Dremels.

they come is a red and blue color - red is coarse and blue is fine. They both leave a rough finish but they do remove wood very aggresively.

The are available at Fur & Feathers Woodcarving - www.fandfwoodcarving.com (http://www.fandfwoodcarving.com).

randall rosenthal
12-06-2008, 6:35 PM
i like typhoons also and use them alot...but mostly the smaller stuff.....