PDA

View Full Version : SawStop on TimeWarp

Tom Henry
11-30-2008, 3:41 PM
Did anyone catch the Time Warp episode where Steve Gass demo'ed the Saw Stop @ 20,000 frame per second ON HIS OWN FINGER? WOW :eek: Really cool to see it work frame by frame and didn't even draw blood!

Steve Rozmiarek
11-30-2008, 4:08 PM
Must have been a rerun Tom. There was a huge thread last week on the same subject. Sure did get lots of attention!

Tom Henry
11-30-2008, 4:48 PM
I looked for a thread on it and didn't find it...can you post the thread?

Kevin Groenke
11-30-2008, 6:42 PM
Check the threads at the bottom of this post. ;)
-kg

Steve Rozmiarek
11-30-2008, 7:01 PM
I looked for a thread on it and didn't find it...can you post the thread?

Thats odd, now I can't find it either... :confused: I swear I saw one! There is a small thread in the off topic area, but thats not the one I was thinking of.

Steve Rozmiarek
11-30-2008, 7:03 PM
Ah ha! Try this:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=97034

Bill Arnold
11-30-2008, 7:11 PM
I watched that episode of "Time Warp" today. If you watch the video carefully, he didn't just jam his finger into the cutting face of the blade. He very carefully moved his middle finger toward the left side of the blade until the protective mechanism activated. There wasn't any sign of a scratch on this finger. No matter -- it still proved the process.

Ain't no way I'm even trying to do what he did!!! :eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-30-2008, 7:51 PM
I've worked on electonics since 1969. I don't care how much faith I had in that system, I wouldn't do it. When working in electronics, Murphy's Law is in effect X10.

Von Bickley
11-30-2008, 8:51 PM
I've worked on electonics since 1969. I don't care how much faith I had in that system, I wouldn't do it. When working in electronics, Murphy's Law is in effect X10.

I agree with you 100%...... That is plain STUPID.......

Scott Myers
11-30-2008, 9:11 PM
We pretty much killed the subject on the wisdom of the test on Time Warp on the other thread. No need to rehash that here.

Bill - I have a 50" HD Plasma TV and recorded on the DVR in HD. You CAN actually see the blade just begin to scratch his finger. But I am talking about a scratch that is smaller than a paper cut! Very tiny, but you can see it.