PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw table won't tip to 45 degrees

Anthony Whitesell
11-30-2008, 3:22 PM
Tried to tilt my G0513x2 table to 45 degrees. Zero is zero on the angle gauge below the table, but 45 is somewhere past 46 and it won't tip far enough. It stopped at 44.1 according to my Wixey (and didn't make 45 per my combination square either). I have an idea of something to try, but I'm hoping you guys have other suggestions. Any ideas?

glenn bradley
11-30-2008, 3:41 PM
I have a G0513X which is the same saw less the cast trunnions. Mine tilted to about 44*. I then backed it off to about 35* and cleaned the sawdust out of the track. It went to 45.1*

This whole exercise had me pause and try to think if I have ever made a cut on a bandsaw that was at that great of an angle . . . . nope, couldn't think of any time I needed to do that but, it's good to know it does I guess.

M Toupin
11-30-2008, 3:43 PM
What's stopping it? Kinda hard to diagnose without any idea were the problem lays...

Is the stop adjusted properly?

Is something out of adjustment and stopping the table before it gets to the end of it's travel?

Is it bottoming out on the end of the trunnion lock slot?

Is the inside of the trunnion lock slot clean?

Even a small burr might keep it from sliding to the end of the slot. A small file or dremel will clean up any burrs.

Mike

Anthony Whitesell
11-30-2008, 4:21 PM
I can't tell what's stopping it. Until it stops the action is smooth. I just changed blades (not that I tried to tilt the table with the old blade though) and blow off what little dust was under the table. It really just feels like its out of travel or bottoming on something, hopefully an undocumented stop for the angle. When it does stop, the angle gauge on the saw reads 46*+. The angle lock bolt still spins free so I don't think that's stopping it.