PDA

View Full Version : When hand meets bowl

Jim Kountz
11-29-2008, 8:05 PM
Well I guess it was bound to happen. I was turning a natural edge bowl today and got my wrist a little too close to the spinning blank while hollowing and WHAM! Got my attention to say the least. Didnt break anything but when it happened I could have swore it ripped my hand off, hurt like hell yes it did. So now Ive got a nice purple-ish blue and red tattoo on my wrist and one hell of a bruised ego....
Lesson learned.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-29-2008, 8:25 PM
Jim,

Glad you weren't seriously hurt!

I'm sure we have all done that! I have. When I am turning I get into the Zone but I don't want to be totally engrossed. That's when I do things like that!

Steve Schlumpf
11-29-2008, 8:38 PM
Jim - wakes you up right away doesn't it? Glad to hear you weren't seriously injured! That's the thing about this stuff - one moment of not paying attention can have major consequences! Hope you heal quickly!

Clara Koss
11-29-2008, 8:40 PM
eeeesh!!!!! sorry you got hurt.... but now you have a story to tell.... get well soon and have a great holiday season....:D

Chris Barnett
11-29-2008, 8:54 PM
Iffn' ur hand gets all black and sticky, might want to see ole sawbones. These machines really get our attention when we loose ours.

Leo Van Der Loo
11-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Never ever happens over here Jim, .............. :rolleyes:, HA, YA right :D :D

You read that note below my face ??? Ya, be careful if you want to last a little longer :p

Cody Colston
11-30-2008, 8:03 AM
Rub some dirt on it.

More importantly, did you lose the bark? :D

Jim Kountz
11-30-2008, 8:39 AM
Rub some dirt on it.

More importantly, did you lose the bark? :D

oh yeah....when it hit me it jerked it right out of the chuck and went rolling across the floor.

Bernie Weishapl
11-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Yep never did that myself.:rolleyes::cool:;) It surely does get your attention. I make sure doing NE's and square bowls my hands, arms, etc. never go past the tool rest.