PDA

View Full Version : What a Ham!!

Chris Padilla
06-07-2004, 1:35 AM
My daughter, 28 months old, already hamming it up for the camera.... Lordy, what am I in store for?? :eek: :D

Michael Perata
06-07-2004, 3:32 AM
Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris...

I wish you well. I figure you have 12 years of fretting ahead of you, and then 6 to 10 years of "oh sh!t, what next!!!!!!", and "you want to go out with that??!!". :o

Been there, done that. ;)

Waymon Campbell
06-07-2004, 7:33 AM
My daughter, 28 months old, already "hamming" it up for the camera.... Lordy, what am I in store for?? :eek: :D

She's a real cutey Chris. Just wait till that first boyfriend comes knocking on the door :eek:

Bruce Page
06-07-2004, 9:26 AM
Chris, having raised two daughters, I can tell you that Michale Perata hit the nail on the head! :eek: :p :eek:

She is a real cutey!

Tyler Howell
06-07-2004, 9:32 AM
What a hottie!

To the Nunnerie! You'l be much saner

;)

John Miliunas
06-07-2004, 9:34 AM
Yup, you best sell off all the MM equipment and put the $$ away to pay chaperons! :eek: She's a cutie, awright.....! :cool:

Greg Heppeard
06-07-2004, 9:38 AM
Keep your tools....buy a shotgun and a big dog. One more thing, when a guy comes to call on her, answer the door picking your teeth with a large knife...that will do the trick

Jim Becker
06-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Now I see who you got your smile from, Chris...:D

Chris Padilla
06-07-2004, 10:38 AM
BTW, these pictures are from Belgrade, Yugoslavia...where my daughter is staying with the wife's folks until July 22nd when she comes back!!! She has been there since March 9th and I dearly miss her. She is pretty fluent in Serbian now! :)

Chris DiCiaccio
06-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Chris,
Looks like to me you are blessed! As to "what are you in for", I believe you are in for blessing after blessing just enjoying her.

Bart Leetch
06-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Shes a real cutie alright.

I know of a policeman that used to be cleaning his service revolver when a new boy friend came to call & while the boy waited Dad would finish cleaning his revolver & inform the boy that his daughter would be home by 11 PM & ask is that understood. It always was.

Bill Grumbine
06-07-2004, 1:51 PM
Chris, as a father of three daughters, 18, 16, and 11, I can only say, I know what you are in for! :eek: The first time a boy came to pick up my daughter, I took him aside for a very short and to the point talk. I told him to drive safely, because he had my little girl's life in his hands. Then I said, if you have an accident, you had better die, because if you don't, I will kill you. If you fail to treat my daughter as a lady, and act responsibly in her presence at all times, I will kill you. Do you have any questions? He stood there staring wide eyed and shaking just a little bit, but managed to get a "no" out. Suffice to say he continues to see her, and he has been very well behaved. :D

Bill

Chris Padilla
06-07-2004, 1:56 PM
LMAO!! I figured you guys with girls would have all sorts of good stories...I appreciate you sharing them with me. I am even sure MOST of them are true! :D

I guess I will see how fine a line it is between protecting/safeguarding your child versus letting them experience the world!

Jason Roehl
06-07-2004, 1:56 PM
Cute little one you got there, Chris! I've got a 6 y.o. sweetie myself. I can't possibly imagine going 4.5 months without any of my little ones!

BTW, Happy B-Day!!

Ed Falis
06-07-2004, 2:04 PM
LMAO!! I figured you guys with girls would have all sorts of good stories...I appreciate you sharing them with me. I am even sure MOST of them are true! :D

I guess I will see how fine a line it is between protecting/safeguarding your child versus letting them experience the world!

Well, don't take the stories too seriously. My now 20 yo has always had so much commonsense that I never had to take a kid aside like Bill did.

- Ed

Kevin Beck
06-07-2004, 2:12 PM
A friend sent me the following after the birth of my daughter Sarah 5 years ago. I agree with most of them :D

Daddy's 10 date rules:

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise:
You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes to big, and I will not object.
However,in order to ensure that your clothes do no, in fact come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "Barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this.
The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject
is: early."

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you.
If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process than can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:
Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.
Places where there is darkness.
Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness.
Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to encourage my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat.
Movies with a sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay.
Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten: Be afraid,. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveways you should exit the car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camoflaged face at the window is mine.

Chris Padilla
06-07-2004, 2:16 PM
Cute little one you got there, Chris! I've got a 6 y.o. sweetie myself. I can't possibly imagine going 4.5 months without any of my little ones!

BTW, Happy B-Day!!
It is a long story, Jason, but she was originally scheduled to come home on June 13th. Let's just say that the US Embassy in Belgrade has been, uh, stingy. My wife is flying out there July 12th and will come back with her on July 22nd. I can hardly wait and the extra time will be agonizing....

Thanks for the b-day wishes! :)

Chris Padilla
06-07-2004, 2:21 PM
Ha, good ones, Kevin! :) Thanks, Ed, I hope my little one is chock full of common sense...dunno if that can be learned!

Greg Heppeard
06-07-2004, 3:41 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Scott Coffelt
06-07-2004, 3:57 PM
Aw, at that age life's so much eaier then when they hit the teens. Mine is now 17, a senior. You have to always have those little discussions about making the right decisions. Mostly they do, but then when they don't.... man, you really don't want to know.

I was once told: Boys are easier as you only have to worry about one pecker, girls require you to be worried about all peckers.
:rolleyes:

Chris Padilla
06-07-2004, 4:00 PM
Thanks, Greg!

Scott, I can only imagine. I wonder if I am more curious about how she'll be or how'll I'll be??!! ;)

Kent Cori
06-08-2004, 9:51 AM
Chris,

For that inevitable day when some guy (who clearly isn't even close to being good enough for her) takes you daughter out on a date, here are the rules to explain to him. They certainly worked for my daughter. You'll also notice a use for your nail gun that you probably had not previously considered.

The Rules for Dating My Daughter:

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk, you'd better be delivering a package,
because you're sure not picking-up anything.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long
as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes
or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear
their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips.
Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are
complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue,
so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear
showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in
order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact come off during the course
of your date with my daughter, I will take my pneumatic nail gun and fasten
your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a
"Barrier Method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes
to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we
should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do
not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of
when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only
word I need from you on this subject is "EARLY!"

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date
other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter.
Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to
date no one BUT her, until she is finished with you. And as a reminder, if
you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear and more
than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for
the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is getting ready to go, a
process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead
of just standing there irritated, why don't you do something useful, like
changing the oil in my car.

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter. Places
where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places
where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or
happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka-zipped up to her throat. Movies with strong romantic or sexual themes are to be avoided. Movies that
feature chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folk’s homes are
even better.

Rule Nine:
DO NOT LIE TO ME! I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged,
dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the
all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful, "DAD". If I ask you where you are
going and with whom, you have one chance to tell the truth, the whole truth
and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind
my house.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be VERY AFRAID! It takes very little for me to mistake the sound
of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near
Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head
frequently tell me to clean my guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter
home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit the car with
both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear
voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car. There is no reason for you to come inside. The camouflaged face
at the window is mine.

If all of these rules are understood, you may ask my daughter her name.

-DAD

Chris Padilla
06-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks, Kent...those look remarkably similar to the rules Kevin posted a couple posts up from yours! ;)

Dale Thompson
06-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey San Josey,
If I had a cutie like that, my best advice is above. Mine was "cute" too. However, I waited through thirty-three years, two engineering degrees, one degree in the Baptist Ministry, two shotgun shells :) , about seventy grand for a wedding and two more years for the pic attached! ;)

Chris, you are in for a LONG and STRESSFUL journey. I promise to be nice to you from now on! :p :rolleyes: My sympathies are WITH you! :)

Dale T.

Mark Singer
06-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Chris,
Another masterpiece.....great work! Enjoy her... every single day!

Jim Schmoll
06-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Not sure whare you live. House that is. Either buy a house with a street light, OR buy your own........

Jim from Idyllwild CA ;)

Chris Padilla
06-10-2004, 11:04 AM
LOL...thanks, Dale...I see two cuties in the pic you posted! :eek: ;) :D

Mark, I had a hand in making her but the real champ, as we all know, is SWMBO! Bless her for providing this bundle of joy!

Jim, Interesting you mention that...I happen to have a house on a corner lot and you guessed it, it does have a street light! :D

Daniel Rabinovitz
06-10-2004, 3:40 PM
Chris,
Another masterpiece.....great work! Enjoy her... every single day!

Mark and the other fellows are correct but may I add --
Take plenty of photos for YOUR archieves
18 years till college is NOT long enough
They don't come back and spend time workin' on wood working after they go off to college or get married.
She is that long lost person that you so dearly loved and "went out on her own."
So as Mark said - Enjoy EVERY single day.
Daniel :D
I should have bought a gun - from what others have said - but my grandson's first birthday is Sunday - ah-hem! It's wonderful - ain't it!

Chris Padilla
06-10-2004, 4:20 PM
So, Daniel, it appears that what goes around comes around? :D I should enjoy all our time together while I can, then let her go, then hopefully enjoy the grandkids while I can?? That about it? :D

Sounds like a plan!

Chris Padilla
06-10-2004, 4:54 PM
:D

A coworker of mine came up with another Rule to add to the list:

Rule Eleven:
You can run, but you'll only die tired....

Rich Konopka
07-02-2004, 1:20 PM
I have 2 girls at 10 and 12 and the cindrella years have evolved into the Lizzy Maguire years. Geez, i dunno what is next??

Dave Richards
07-02-2004, 2:31 PM
What a cutie. You'd better start working on those interview questions for all her suitors. They'll soon be darkening your doorstep. :D

Chris Padilla
07-02-2004, 3:23 PM
Here is what I'll do: My Best!

My daughter is finally coming home on July 22...I can hardly wait. She won't recognize old pop but she'll adjust in time! :D