PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/Epilog Legend 24EX

Anthony Welch
11-29-2008, 12:17 PM
I was cutting some vector Ornaments last night, when I heard a bang noise from the engraver. the laser carriage was off the table grid and still cutting.

I've cleaned the encoder strip, re ran same file and a raster only file and the carriage slams into the opposite side and cuts off the table. The carriage and bar acts as though it is in disable mode that I can move it around freely.

Any ideas and help would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

Joe Pelonio
11-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Mine did the exact same thing, Epilog suggested the encoder strip cleaning, the ribbon cable, and the small board that sits above the head. Turning around the ribbon cable didn't help, but I did have an old one that had been used only in one direction, so I installed it backwards and it ran fine until the new one arrived. That cable has 6 wires but uses only 3 so reversing it can get you running again if the cable is bad. If it is the board then you would have to wait for Epilog on Monday.

Anthony Welch
11-29-2008, 3:25 PM
Thank you Joe. Frank helped me walk it out. It turns out that you are right. I didn't know about taking off the reader and cleaning it also. I don't know what was exactly wrong or dirty, but is working now.

Thanks Again
Anthony