PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about Thanksgiving

Matt Ocel
11-29-2008, 8:56 AM
Leftovers!

MMMMMMM.

Oops - just dropped some stuffing on the keyboard.

Jim Becker
11-29-2008, 9:14 AM
Well, since we had our T-Day dinner at someone else's house, our leftovers were limited to...the half of a flour-less chocolate cake we brought home. :D :D :D But I'll probably have the turkey & stuffing sandwich at Friendly's after our equestrian activities today. LOL

Jim O'Dell
11-29-2008, 2:27 PM
We grilled steaks instead of the traditional fare this year. Except for the 4 pound potatoes we baked, and some pie, there were no leftovers!! :D But a friend of my parents who lost her husband 7 weeks ago joined us and brought a pecan pie that was to die for! Was made with Kalua (sp? I don't drink). Man was it rich. Jim.

Rod Sheridan
12-01-2008, 9:16 AM
Leftovers!

MMMMMMM.

Oops - just dropped some stuffing on the keyboard.

In the spirit of Christmas, to mis quote Tiny Tim, "I hate you, one and all"!

OK, so I don't hate any of you, however it's rather inconsiderate to talk of Thanksgiving leftovers when our Thanksgiving was more than 6 weeks ago.:(

Nothing better than leftover turkey sandwiches on pumperknickel bread, with lettuce and cranberry sauce..mmmm.

Enjoy the left-overs Matt..........Regards, Rod.

Jim Becker
12-01-2008, 9:35 AM
Rod, there was nothing stopping you from celebrating Thanksgiving again just for the heck of it!! :D

Ben Franz
12-01-2008, 10:54 AM
TG this year was just the two of us but I HAD to have turkey so I did a small 10 lb. bird with basic trimmings only. It's now day four of the "turkey trot" and I can't believe how much meat is still left. Any cows in the area better watch their backs.

Rod Sheridan
12-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Rod, there was nothing stopping you from celebrating Thanksgiving again just for the heck of it!! :D

Good advice Jim, I'll remember that for next year and celibrate Thanksgiving twice.

In fact that could become a Creeker tradition, most of us own more than one router, why not enjoy more than one Thanksgiving?

So next year, my virtual American friends can enjoy a first Thanksgiving on October 12, and we virtual Canadian friends can enjoy a second Thanksgiving on November 26.

regards, Rod.