PDA

View Full Version : New Carpet Install

Chris Padilla
06-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Although not directly woodworking, I did go ahead and get the carcass (mostly) done for the laying of the carpet (see my Faceframes... post in GW forum).

The TV room is coming along pretty good. The new carpet has made my wife happy about the state of the room and I now have some breathing room to continue/delay work on the EC! :D

Chris Padilla
06-06-2004, 11:50 PM
More pics....

Chris Padilla
06-06-2004, 11:55 PM
...and the final ones. Looks good! It is a wool carpet...should last a long, long time! :D

Ken Garlock
06-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Very, very nice, Chris. I like it very much, you did a great job. I like to see pictures of hard work; I like hard work, I can curl up beside it and take an nap anytime. :D

Christopher Pine
06-07-2004, 12:34 PM
How big is this room? Looks like you did the carpet in one piece? I did my basement a couple years ago with some friends help! :)
The room I was doing measures approx about 13 feet wide and the whole length of my house about 39 feet. We did it with one piece of carpet.. MY back still hurts from carrying it into the room. :)
Was a pain but turned out gret with no seams.
Chris

Chris Padilla
06-07-2004, 1:24 PM
The room is 12' x 20' and it was done in a single piece. The guys did a great job--they kept asking where I wanted the seam. :) I learned quite a bit while watching them. As for any trade, the right tools for the right job. I liked the large wide chisels they used for tucking the carpet along various edges. A couple places even needed a few blows with a hammer to get the carpet to tuck right.

I'll need to get that left cabinet finished up and then retuck the carpet along that spot but that is a little ways off...perhaps mid-summer.

Base moulding will go in later as well to clean up the look. Thanks for the comments...the wife is thrilled! :)