PDA

View Full Version : G0490 Final Adjustment

Anthony Whitesell
11-28-2008, 9:28 PM
I have my G0490 all tuned up and running sweet, with the exception that the height gauge is off. The manual says to loosen the screw to adjust it. Well, I can loosen the screw but it doesn't adjust, it just comes off. There's a pin holding it in place. I looked further at the setup and I believe that the gauge is mounted to the eccentric bearings for the parallelism, so I don't want to touch those. I did notice a set screw around the corner in the end of the casting; not sure what that's for.

Any ideas on any of the above?

glenn bradley
11-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Not ignoring you Anthony. I will be near my machine tomorrow morning and will take a look and some pics for you if no one beats me to it. Wait . .. . I'm looking at the manual and i think you move the scale, not the pointer. I'll double check in the morning.

Anthony Whitesell
11-29-2008, 5:33 AM
That's what I though too. But the holes in the scale aren't slotted and it's held on by rivets.

Steve Clardy
11-29-2008, 10:49 AM
You need to spin the shaft that goes through the bushings.
Loosen the 2 allen head bolts under the infeed bed that tighten the 2 straps against the shaft.
Don't loosen the set screws on the bushings themselves.

I still need to do that on mine :o

After loosening those 2 bolts, grab the pointer and turn the shaft to position.

Anthony Whitesell
11-29-2008, 8:40 PM
I love digital cameras. I'm also a little paranoid about screwing up the parallelism of the tables. I'll take it by that description, the instructions for this adjustment are outdated.

If I understand correctly, loosen the red scews and turn the blue shaft and don't go near the yellow screw.

It looks like the eccentric bearing set screw is in a different spot for the infeed side vs the outfeed side, correct?

Steve Clardy
11-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Yep. You got it.;)