PDA

View Full Version : Symbols for electrical tags?

Margaret Turco
11-28-2008, 1:45 PM
Hi all! Thanks to this forum I just got my first order for some electrical tags! Virtual cookies and milk for you all....
The customer is asking for some symbols on the tags though, are they in a font library I might have and am just not seeing? Thank you in advance for your help once again.:)

mike klein
11-28-2008, 1:54 PM
I do a lot of electrical/mechanical tags, what symbol are you looking for.

Mike

Margaret Turco
11-28-2008, 2:36 PM
There are three: one is like an oversized Y, one is the O with a slash through it, and the last is V for voltage, but it looks like a different font. I could draw these if neccessary but I may have them somewhere and not know it.... I didn't see any previous threads on this topic, sorry if I'm repeating a question that was asked before.

Mike Null
11-28-2008, 2:45 PM
Margaret

You should have these in your Corel fonts. There is a font called electronics which is all symbols--probably 70 or more.

The others can probably be found in the Arial character map.

Margaret Turco
11-28-2008, 2:48 PM
Thanks Mike, I'll check that out.

Margaret Turco
11-28-2008, 5:07 PM
OK, those symbols don't seem to be in the Electronics font. Any other suggestions?

mike klein
11-28-2008, 5:13 PM
I would say make them seperately, such as in corel draw. The 'Y' symbol is nothing special unless you need the coil look to it which identifies it as the 'Wye' type of wiring termination, (the other one is delta). The 'o' with the slanted line is the identifier for single phase the 'V' is the identifier for voltage.

Mike

Phil Garcia
11-28-2008, 5:37 PM
I also do some tags like those and I've found my symbols in Corel, go to INSERT SYMBOL CHARACTER n the text functions, then in the CODE PAGE function select, 28597(ISO 8859-7 Greek) and you should find the the two symbols you wee referring to.

Margaret Turco
11-28-2008, 5:59 PM
OK, I've got it now. Thanks Phil, I haven't had to insert symbols in Corel before. This looks fine.

Phil Garcia
11-28-2008, 6:15 PM
No problem, any time Margaret, glad I could help.:D