PDA

View Full Version : Still need help with Chanuka gift

Norm Surface
11-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Thank you Frank. Those were very helpfull ! May use one.

Anyone have any other ideas/files for anything pertaining to the Jewish Holiday.
Trying to offer customer several choices and this site is always helpfull and creative.
My only thought (or the customers I should say) so far has been something along the lines of a large round ornament that would sit in a stand that I would also need to make.
Any files for a box type stand that the large ornament/small plaque could sit in.
Thanks to all !!

Linda Tetreault
11-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Norm,

stevedgood.com/web/catalog.html (http://www.stevedgood.com/web/catalog.html), there are a couple of stands & an ornament hanger, they're downloadable & in PDF. He has some real cute ideas & they're free, but there is a place to donate to the site.:)

Margaret Turco
11-28-2008, 1:33 PM
Hi Norm, I have seen other posts related to this theme. You might try alternate spellings for Chanuka in your search if you haven't already.

Tony Lenkic
11-28-2008, 3:41 PM
Norm,

I have this font called JFC TT and it has this set of pictures as you type in letters.

I have typed all characters and you can use what you need.

Norm Surface
11-28-2008, 6:25 PM
THANKS TO ALL. You have provided really good ideas.
Re: spelling, not being of the Jewish faith, I thought it was right. I wouldnt mean any disrepect that's for sure.
I guess the idea was or is to post a differently posted message in order to get a better response. I see what you mean and agree but am short on ideas.
Again, thanks to all. Each has been a big help.

Bill Cunningham
11-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Norm,

I have this font called JFC TT and it has this set of pictures as you type in letters.

I have typed all characters and you can use what you need.

This won't work unless you 'have' the font on your system.. It will be subbed on loading.. You can convert the set to curves, then the pictures will still be available, and you won't need the font on your system to reproduce them..

Clyde Baumwell
11-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I have designed a few custom engraved dreidels. I have also purchased blank wood dreidels online and custom engraved the names of family members along with the jewish symbols that go on the four sides of the dreidel for the game that is played on chanukah.

hope this helps.

Tony Lenkic
11-30-2008, 2:02 PM
This won't work unless you 'have' the font on your system.. It will be subbed on loading.. You can convert the set to curves, then the pictures will still be available, and you won't need the font on your system to reproduce them..

Sorry about that, and thanks Bill for reminder!

Here it is converted to curves!

Norm Surface
11-30-2008, 2:51 PM
Hello all and thanks for the ideas.

Tony, that last file was a good one-thank you.

You have all been a help and I think I have enough to proceed in making the gift.
I have been a reader for a long time. The first time I post a help question the help comes through !!!