PDA

View Full Version : Bostitch HP118K 23 Gauge 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch Pin

James White
11-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Amazon has the Bostitch HP118K 23 Gauge 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch Pin Nailer for $67. I was just wondering if anyone can give their experience with this pin nailer. There were a lot of reviews that said it will not counter sink the pins. Has this been an issue for you? I have placed my order to ensure the price. However I can cancel if there are list members with bad experience with this gun.

James

Mikail Khan
11-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Got mine a couple of months ago. Only shot about 100 1-3/16" pins in mahogany. No problems so far with countersinking.

MK

Charles P. Wright
11-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Amazon has the Bostitch HP118K 23 Gauge 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch Pin Nailer for $67. I was just wondering if anyone can give their experience with this pin nailer. There were a lot of reviews that said it will not counter sink the pins. Has this been an issue for you? I have placed my order to ensure the price. However I can cancel if there are list members with bad experience with this gun.

James

I've used it to attach maple moulding and face frames to plywood, and it has worked well for that.

James White
11-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Mikail/Charles,

Thank you for your input. That makes me feel better about pulling the trigger on a good deal. No negative comments so far.

James

Matt Ocel
11-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I've had mine for 2 years now, the only problem I had is I paid alot more than $67:(

Bruce Wrenn
11-29-2008, 9:45 PM
Keeps coming up at $126, not $67, for me. How did you get that price?

Bruce Wrenn
12-03-2008, 7:46 PM
Mikail/Charles,

Thank you for your input. That makes me feel better about pulling the trigger on a good deal. No negative comments so far.

JamesJames, did you actually get the nailer for $67? Since Friday when I received a similar email, price always goes to $126 at check out. Emailed them on Monday and received a reply on Tues Dec 2nd saying I could buy it for $67.99. Still didn't work. There was no promo code nor Black Friday only, on original email. Remember they said on Dec 2nd I could buy for that price again. Today, I spent a hour on the phone with CUSTOMER NO SERVICE. They basically said " Yeah we sent you the email, and response, but we aren't going to sell it to you for that price." Anybody else have the same problem? At least one over at NC Woodworker got same email and response.

James White
12-03-2008, 8:16 PM
Bruce,

Yes I did. It arrived today. I did not get it through an email invitation though. It was on the regular Amazon web site at the time that, I had made the original post.

James

Dana Vogel
12-03-2008, 8:37 PM
I got one for 75.00 free s/h at that price you cannot go wrong. Only one thing you may need to order the free upgrage pin driver/hammer if you experience flush pining (non countersunk), it's a simple fix but they may be included in newer models.

Denny Rice
12-04-2008, 12:24 AM

James

James,

I have had this pinner for over a yr now and the first one I sent back to Amazon because it would not even come close to countersinking the pins flush. Amazon was really great about the return and my new one worked well for about a month and then I found the pinner worked really well with Porter Cable pins.... This corrected the problem about 80% but I would still get pins that would not sink like they should until I contacted Bostitch with the problem and was told there was a fix for the problem...They have a redesigned piston they will send you free of charge if you contact them. All they will require from you is model and ser# on the pinner. Hope this helps.:D

James White
12-04-2008, 8:28 AM
Denny,

Thank you. That is good information.

James

John Callahan
12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I went through two of the Bostich pinners. Both worked fine at first and then stopped sinking pins. Returned the first, the second did the same and finally got a PC PIN100- no issues with it. Sounds like Bostich has a handle on the issue ............ I'd say go for it. It was a nice gun otherwise and I do miss the extra pin length for cabinet and bookcase crown.