PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Home Adjustment

Peter Meacham
11-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Can any Trotec owners assist with instructions on how to set the X & Y home positions on a Speedy C25.

I lost the home position after I reloaded the control software and printer driver. The machine thinks it's home is about 1.5" into the plate in both the X and Y axis.

Jon Colley
11-28-2008, 9:50 AM
Hi Peter,

You can adjust this by following these steps:

- open Job Control and connect to the laser
- move the table up so it is in focus
- move the head to the correct home position using the keypad
- press Ctrl-Alt-S and then click on the Offset tab
- click Get Present Offsets

If you get no error messages then you are done. If you get an error message, it means that the offset is too small and this usually occurs when one of the limit switches has been bent. It is normally the x-axis home switch that gets hooked by a cleaning cloth or something like that. If you gently bend it back, restart the laser and follow the steps above it should work without an error.

I know my colleagues in the US are on holiday today so if you need some further help, just drop me a PM with your phone number and I'll talk you through it.

Jon Colley

Peter Meacham
11-28-2008, 6:31 PM
Thank you Jon - I did get an error message (about entering certain measurements) when I followed your procedures (before I posted a help notice) but I did not check the limit switch for problems. I will do that now.