PDA

View Full Version : Partial Kitchen remodel done

Craig D Peltier
11-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Heres one bank of upper cabs I have replaced. Its all Rock Maple. I copied the door design from the Seattle Home Show. The guy said this style was there own.
It was tough to get the right thickness on doors so I was able to get a panel groove in one side and hinge cups in the other without busting out the front or weakening the groove. I ended up using 5/4 maple.

I have the lowers almost done. Doors are on, face frame is on but no draws yet.
Its going to be a long project since I do it when I dont have work and money is tight. Countertops will be replaced, stove, oven, island etc.

The stiles and rails are 3 inch wide.

Jim Becker
11-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow, those are nice, Craig!! I really like the mitered corner look. Stunning.

Derek Stevens
11-27-2008, 4:56 PM
Looks great, real nice massing on the doors. Did you use a mitered halving joint on the doors or a spline, M&T?
Real clean lines. good job

John Thompson
11-27-2008, 6:30 PM
They look great Craig. I second Jim on the mitered corners as they most definitely set these apart from standard procedure. I am not sure I have seen that done with kithchen cabinets before but I most definitely like the look you achieved.

Sarge..

Dewey Torres
11-27-2008, 6:33 PM
The whole package is superb!

Brad Shipton
11-27-2008, 8:05 PM
Great looking design. It has a very clean modern look. What did you use to shape the rails and stiles?

Brad

Larry Fox
11-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Outstanding - very nice work. I really like the look of the doors.

Craig D Peltier
11-28-2008, 6:53 PM
Great looking design. It has a very clean modern look. What did you use to shape the rails and stiles?

Brad

Shaper for the doors.

Craig D Peltier
11-28-2008, 6:57 PM
Looks great, real nice massing on the doors. Did you use a mitered halving joint on the doors or a spline, M&T?
Real clean lines. good job
I splined the doors, I contemplated using biscuits. I used those C shaped steel springs to pinch the corners in while drying.
Took alot of sanding at the miters if thye sat proud at all.

To Mr Harmon:
The glass in the doors we like, we went cheap and finished for now $32 for all 4 panels. If we decide we dont like the clutter we will change it to a more opaque look. At least we dont have plastic iron man cups an multi colored this and that in there that would reallt throw it off.

Craig D Peltier
11-28-2008, 6:59 PM
I will keep this post updated as time goes by. The draws will be blumotion. Theres several doors that will have sliding shelves behind them. Undersink draw tips out to hold sponges. Wine fridge will be built in with pull out wine bottle storage above. Hardwood Maple sides on draws. Maple cutting board ( was plywood before).

Thanks

mark harmon
11-29-2008, 12:12 PM
the clear windows allow the clutter in the cabinets to be seen and tend to ruin the asthetics. better to use solid panel doors

Todd Crawford
12-04-2008, 8:39 AM
Looks really good Craig. I am impressed with those mitres! Great job!!!!