PDA

View Full Version : Happy turkey day 2008

Walt Caza
11-27-2008, 9:30 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to All,
I just wanted to wish everyone a good Thanksgiving.
We celebrated ours in Canada 45 days ago, so turkey and
pumpkin pie are just a fond memory for me...

But it is always good to remember and be grateful for our blessings.
Perhaps take a moment, and remind yourself...
how in so many ways, our glass is at least half full.
And give thanks.
be well,
Walt

John Ricci
11-27-2008, 9:46 AM
+1 from Canada. Happy turkey day America.

J.R.

Mark Rios
11-27-2008, 9:58 AM
Thanks very much.

I have my Thanksgiving tree all set up and my dogs are dressed as a pilgrim and an indian. We will stay in costume (my role this year is the untamed land) all throughout the day, chasing each other and taking turns shooting and scalping each other and other authentic early settler games in order to fully take in the experience of our founding ancesters.

As the sun starts to set in the evening we will engage in the ritual feasting signifying the peaceful truce that has been negotiated in the spirit of friendship and unity. Our feast will consist of traditional fare such as the Thanksgiving groundhog, the Thanksgiving seagull and the Thanksgiving turtle, all prepared in the traditional early settler ways...that is, slightly charred and crispy on the outside and pretty much raw on the inside. After much feasting and more feasting, we will exchange gifts. These are pretty much the same this year as they were in previous years, namely, doggie treats for them and bandages for me (for the aforementioned shooting and scalping).

Then, late into the night and early morning, as the sun is beginning to rise, we will look back on the day and reminisce on the past year and all of the things that didn't get done and all of the people that we had fun pissing off. All in all, a thoroughly satisfying day. We are looking forward to it immensely.

Take care everyone. Eat like there's no tomorrow.

Ray Schafer
11-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks for all of your help during this past year. I never would have learned so much and gotten so much pleasure out of my woodworking if I didn't have The Creek behind me!

Now it's off to the TD run and then put the calories back on!

Have a great day everyone!

Ray

Dennis Peacock
11-27-2008, 10:18 AM
+1 from an old Arky. Happy Thanksgiving.

Brian Effinger
11-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Happy Thanksgiving and turkey day everyone! And Mark - you are way too funny :D

Eric Roberge
11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Walt, That's the only way to look at life...Half full! :D I'm very thankful for where I am today.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Matt Ocel
11-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Happy Thannksgiving!!

%$#@@#*& forgot to get sage at the market yesterday!:D

Mark Singer
11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! I stuffed the turkey with wenge chips.:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
11-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I stuffed the turkey with wenge chips.

Yum!!! Automatic toothpicks! :D :D :D

------

Walt, thanks for your thanksgiving wishes. Ironically, I was talking with a friend in Toronto this morning. (he's a US citizen; his spouse is Canadian) He was all geared up for the US Thanksgiving today with another ex-pat family, but they learned that the other family's little boy just came down with chicken pox. My friend's wife is pregnant and due in January, so that meal out got nixed. I told him to run out to the market for a turkey breast and celebrate anyway.

We're having dinner with our friends Seth and George, their 11 year old son (adopted from Russia like our daughters) and a whole bunch of others totaling 15 people for the nosh. Seth is an incredible cook, so it should be a "filling" meal! We are only allowed to bring a small appetizer, so Professor Dr. SWMBO made a mushroom paté and fresh bread. I suspect I'll be waddling in the shop for the rest of the weekend, when I'm not straining a horse's back with a little extra baggage. LOL

There is much to be thankful for this year and every year. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Brent Smith
11-27-2008, 1:19 PM
Another wish from Canada for a Happy Turkey Day to all you Americans out there!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-27-2008, 2:06 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes from our Canadian friends!

We'll celebrate tonight with 4 generations gathering at my oldest son's home in Clarkston, Wa!

Dave Mura
11-27-2008, 2:45 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!! :)

Thomas Knighton
11-27-2008, 2:53 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

You got to love a holiday where the primary way of celebrating has become watching football and stuffing your face. :D

Tim Morton
11-27-2008, 3:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to the creek...and lets agree that this is easily the best holiday of all.:D:D

Just sitting here with a little bit of a beer buzz in the middle of the day...did i mention this is the best holiday of them all?:p:p:p

Family is all around...turkey and lamb are sharing the oven .....and all is right with the world.

OH, and to keep this creek related....i just started a new speaker project and its coming along great!!!!

cheers!!!:cool:

Art Mulder
11-27-2008, 9:52 PM
+1 again -- I make that five from Canada now.

Boy I'd love a piece of fresh warm pumpkin pie. Even without the whipped cream! ;)

best wishes,
...art