PDA

View Full Version : Roland CX-24 Vinyl Cutter

Peter Meacham
11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
I am thinking of buying a lightly used Roland GX24 cutter with lots of extras; stand, vinyl, banners, design software, clipart discs, etc for $1500. Anyone have experience with that cutter that can comment on whether I should get it. Or any general comments from anyone.

This will be for occasional use; hobby and business.

Thanks, Pete

Joe Hayes
11-27-2008, 9:06 AM
Peter - General comments - I had an older model of Roland cutter. It was a workhorse for years and years. They have made vinyl cutters for years and have always been considered a industry leader. There are other excellent
vinyl cutters on the market but Roland is at or near the top of the list.
The only thing I did not see on your list of included items was a cutting program. Lots of programs, some very expensive some cheaper. Which ones depends on you. My preference is Co-Cut Pro. A program that works with Corel Draw to handle the vinyl plotter. Design in Corel, cut in Co-Cut, - works excellent for me.

Peter Meacham
12-08-2008, 8:52 AM
Joe

Thanks for your reply. I ended up buying the Roland GX-24 with stand, extra software and tons of clipart for $1375 - actually I gave him $1400 because he delivered halfway to my house (to a relative's home) and demonstrated everything. Yep, thats me, the big tipper!!

It is a nice machine.

Pete