PDA

View Full Version : Completed speaker *PIC*

Chuck Wintle
06-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Here is a photo of one of a pair of speakers built by my son and myself. We used cheerry veneer and painted the base and back flat black.

Tyler Howell
06-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Rockin! How do they sound?;)

Tim Morton
06-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Very nice....Vifa drivers? Peerless? Where do you buy your components?

Chuck Wintle
06-06-2004, 1:39 PM
The tweeters are Vifa and the drivers are Peerless and were purchased at www.solen.ca.
The store custom designed the crossover for us and it was built on a PC board supplied by them as well. We added "eggcrate" foam to the interior and installed the crossover on the back panel. The enclosure volume is about 22-23 liters. They sound very nice, good bass and low distortion. The tweeters work well, according to my kids at least, as my own hearing cuts off at about 8Khz so I will have to take their word for it. I enjoyed building the enclosure and we used biscuits and glue all around for the assembly.

Mike Stanton
06-06-2004, 1:49 PM
I made speakers back in the early 80,s they had 15 inch woofers horn mid range and two horn tweaters. The boxes where 4 ft tall . They sounded great. they where so good that they would work off a tv or small radio.I made the boxes out of particle board , They where heavy my son has them now.Mike