PDA

View Full Version : Going green

Barry Bruner
11-26-2008, 7:42 PM
About this time every year I decide to clean out my shop. If I find two pieces of wood the same color I change my mind and make something. I guess that is kind of going green. There was a shipment that came from Brazil, where I work, and a lot of the pallets were made out of mahogney and here is where some of them ended up. I have made three shaker sewing tables out of the mahogney so far and still have not run out. Barry Bruner

Jim Becker
11-26-2008, 7:59 PM
Wow, very nice table!

Don Bullock
11-26-2008, 9:11 PM
Barry, the table is a great use of "scrap" wood. It really looks good.

John Thompson
11-26-2008, 9:12 PM
Very nice from re-claimed wood from pallets. The sight of one brought back some fond memories of my grand-mother.. mom and relative having a quilting bee. Scraps from everyone that ended up in very nice quilts.

Sarge..

John Lytle
11-27-2008, 12:22 PM
So, Barry, where do you work? I want to come check out your loading dock. :-)

Those tables are great. Whoever the luck recipients are will be very happy.

John

Barry Bruner
11-27-2008, 4:39 PM
Thanks for looking and your comments also. I had a lot of fun making something and not paying for the wood. Just don't get to say that very often. I work in an aluminum plant in central Kentucky. Barry Bruner

Mark Valsi
11-28-2008, 9:38 AM
very nice proportions of the drawers, it adds a lot to the project

Barry Bruner
11-28-2008, 5:52 PM
Mark, last year Andrew Williams had a great looking cherry Shaker sewing table and he got the plans out of a book called; Tables, by Anthony Guidice. I liked his so well I decided to make a couple. Thanks for looking. Barry Bruner