PDA

View Full Version : New remote readout

Eduard Nemirovsky
11-26-2008, 3:02 PM
Hi, I am not affiliated to Wixey, just like his product and service:D. He put out on site a new toy - remote digital readout. I think it will help to solve problems like I have with none standart instalation readout for planners, and so. Link - http://wixey.com/remote/index.html:D:D

Wayne Cannon
11-27-2008, 2:37 AM
This product works great. Unfortunately, the cord for the remote readout is too short for many cabinet-style router tables. I had to mount the readout inside the cabinet, so I have to open the router access door to read it.

Mike Heidrick
11-27-2008, 3:19 AM
36" cord seems pretty reasonable to me.

I think this just made the christmas list. I already have the planer gauge on the list already.

Dave Bureau
11-27-2008, 8:46 AM
sounds good to me. I'll buy one for my jessem router table and if it works out, I'll get one for my shaper.
Dave

Brad Townsend
11-27-2008, 10:51 AM
This product works great. Unfortunately, the cord for the remote readout is too short for many cabinet-style router tables. I had to mount the readout inside the cabinet, so I have to open the router access door to read it.
I just installed mine today. You must have one HUGE router cabinet! I had to coil the excess cord. Would have actually preferred it a little shorter.

Jason Beam
11-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Wayne, that looks an awful lot like a cat5 cable - i wonder if Wixey would offer insight on that - maybe extending the cable is as easy as replacing it with a standard network one? Or maybe just a phone cord?

Chip Lindley
11-27-2008, 2:09 PM
Wixley should just Cut To The Chase!...A WIRELESS readout. My outside thermometer has a readout in my cozy Den.....why not our tools?

Chris Parks
11-27-2008, 5:06 PM
The only problem I can see with wireless is that multiple units would have to work on different frequencies.

Brad Townsend
11-27-2008, 7:20 PM
I would imagine that the motor on a router that close to the readout sensor could throw out all kinds of interference to a wireless signal.