PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy with Mini-Max Fence

Brian Gumpper
11-26-2008, 2:46 PM
I haven't been real happy with the saw fence on my MM CU300 and was wondering what other opinions are and if anyone retrofitted a Biesemeyer type fence. My biggest issue is deflection and I can put a strong magnet behind it I guess to hold it in place but in general not real happy with it.

I'm going to tune the machine up over the long weekend but was hoping other folks had ideas and/or experiences.

Jim Becker
11-26-2008, 3:57 PM
I have not had problem with any kind of deflection with my MM fence (S315WS slider) and if I really felt I needed a replacement, it would be a UniFence, not a Biesemeyer. In fact, you'll have trouble with putting a Biesemeyer type fence on a Euro machine because there is no way to put the fence rail over far enough to carry the left side of the "tee" that supports it. It would require an entirely different type of mounting setup from "stock".

That all said, I have had some issue with smooth sliding of my MM fence, but that's likely because I accidentally didn't read the instructions when I was installing it... ;)

Philip Glover
11-26-2008, 8:54 PM
Brian,

Included with your machine is a pinch clamp with a sliding rod that can be positioned against the rip fence once the rip fence is at the desired position. This rod and clamp are also used for the jointer fence to prevent deflection.
This is not the most elegant solution, but it does work.

Regards,
Phil