PDA

View Full Version : Ornament: Russian Orthodox Cross

Lonny Meeks
11-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Does anyone happen to have an ornament of an ornate Russian Orthodox Cross? I have found some plain pictures but nothing I could use as an ornament.

Thanks

Angus Hines
11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Here are some Google images maybe they will help

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=russian+orthodox+cross&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

Lonny Meeks
11-28-2008, 2:04 PM
Here is a shot at an Orthodox Cross Ornament. The lines are all vector. I should have made them red, but ... Hope you like it.

Frank Corker
11-28-2008, 9:33 PM
Lonny I take it the cross in the centre is supposed to drop out because there is a red hairline around it. I was just wondering with the cross being black. Looks like it would turn out nice but you do have anomalies with the symetry and if it's going to be a large piece then it will show. If it's small then I'll just shut up.

Lonny Meeks
11-28-2008, 9:40 PM
It's small - only 3" x 4". The center does come out. I think i filled it on accident.

Frank Corker
11-29-2008, 6:09 AM
In that case it will look fantastic!

Frank Corker
11-30-2008, 8:40 PM
I'd like to just clarify this for everyone. My comments above about symetry and alignment were mentioned only to point out something that Lonny may have overlooked. It was not intended to be over critical or demoralising. I think his design is very creative, unusual and therefore unique and if I was wearing a hat (which I would have been doing, had I now not eaten it) I would take it off to him.

Lonny Meeks
12-01-2008, 2:44 PM
Frank - don't eat the hat - to much cholesterol!! I come on SMC to get much needed advice from the experts. Without the valuable tips from creekers like you, I for one would be lost and thinking what I did looks good but I want it to be better than good. I enjoy laser engraving but have a long way to go before I get to the level you are at. Please keep the much needed comments coming because if I don't know I am making a mistake, I can't get better and will never go from good to great.

Thanks Frank and all the Creekers for keeping a newbie like me on the right path!