PDA

View Full Version : good deal on omnijig or D4R

chet jamio
11-26-2008, 9:01 AM
I can't decide between the omnijig and the D4R. I'll probably buy the one I can find the best deal on. Here's the best I deals I can find:

Omnijig
$600 on ebay and MS live = $450
dust shroud = $45
TOTAL = $495

D4R
jig = $500
VRS = $90
TOTAL = $590

Am I missing anything from the list? Does anyone know of better deals? I don't need isoloc or miniature templates. I may buy the box joint kit for the omnijig which adds $60. A similar kit for the D4R is $250.

Michael Roland
11-26-2008, 9:31 AM
The one seller on eBay offering the Omnijig does not qualify for the MS Live discount because they use a third party checkout system. I contacted the seller and asked them about posting one that would use the eBay checkout to qualify and the seller refused.

Michael

James Waters
11-28-2008, 8:22 PM
I just purchased a 24" omnijig off ebay. With the 30% cashback that is going on now and the 10% off coupon I got it for $359. Free shipping.

There is only one store on ebay that has the 24" and the cashnack worked for me today. I thought it was too god of a deal to pass up. I love the Leigh jigs too but I have never seen a deal like that on them, nor even close. Many of the older used ones I have seen recently on Ebay are going for more than that.

Hope that helps.

Lloyd McKinlay
11-28-2008, 8:29 PM
$549.00 complete at Lee Valley. Good prices on all the Leigh jigs.

Steve Griffin
11-28-2008, 8:29 PM
I've used the new omni jig since august to make about 100 dovetailed drawers and I'm very happy with it.

And that is particularly noteworthy because I have never been happy with any Portercable tool I've used until this one. -Steve

James Waters
11-28-2008, 8:40 PM
Thanks for the info Steve. I have wrestled between the two different jigs. I have no doubt that the Leigh is outstanding from watching the videos and hearing other's responses on here.

It came down to a deal for me. That was the best bang for the buck I could find. With my luck they will both drop after the holidays but what the heck!!! I took the chance.

I can't wait to start using it. It is a far cry from the cheap Rockler fixed jig I have been using for a few years now!

Michael Roland
11-28-2008, 10:41 PM
The one seller on eBay offering the Omnijig does not qualify for the MS Live discount because they use a third party checkout system. I contacted the seller and asked them about posting one that would use the eBay checkout to qualify and the seller refused.

Michael

I just checked the listing and it appears that the MS Live is now workign with 3rd party checkout as long as Paypal is used to pay.

This is making me re-think the Leigh 18 Superjig I just purchased.

James Waters
11-29-2008, 8:27 AM
I just checked the listing and it appears that the MS Live is now workign with 3rd party checkout as long as Paypal is used to pay.

That was the case for a while. I have been watching these for the past several days and have been trying to see if the cashback was working. For several days I got the "does not qualify" message and then the other day it worked. Once it went to 30% and with the coupon I could not resist.

Hopefully these deals will continue. Makes some of these larger purchases alot easier to swallow!

chet jamio
12-02-2008, 3:43 PM

I just checked the listing and it appears that the MS Live is now workign with 3rd party checkout as long as Paypal is used to pay..

There is only one store on ebay that has the 24" and the cashnack worked for me today.

I assume we're all talking about the same ebay seller, maxtoolsales. Is that who you purchased from? What checkout system did you use?

Here's the response I recieved from maxtoolsales when I inquired about their checkout policy: "We use a third-party checkout system, specifically ChannelAdvisor. If you'd like to make a direct PayPal payment, please email us after the purchase (prior to payment) to request a direct PayPal invoice from us. You can then pay us through the invoice we send you." I wonder if this conforms to the cashback policy. Is this PayPal invoice the same as doing the standard checkout? There's also the policy about having to using paypal within 60 minutes of the start of your online session. None of this is very clear to me.

This is what I recieved from cashback customer support today: "We were able to determine that third party checkout systems cannot be used in conjunction with cashback on ebay. At the moment you have to use the direct Paypal checkout system on ebay."

I want to make the purchase, but I'm not sure if I'll get the cashback.

James Waters
12-02-2008, 9:35 PM
Chet,
that is the seller that I purchased from. I just cheked the item for sale as if I was going to buy another one and just did not "confirm" and it came up that I was going to get the cash back.

I just did the whole search through live.com and clicked on the item, clicked buy it now, logged into ebay when asked and "committed to buy" my item. The cashback banner came up after I clicked the buy it now and logged into ebay.

I paid with paypal and I got my cashback email within a few minutes and it is showing up as pendiing in my live account.

I just also noticed that the cashback is also back to 20% just fyi.

If I can be of any further assistance just let me know. Hope this helps.

James Waters
12-02-2008, 9:40 PM
I guess I could answer your other question also.

I checked out through the sellers checkout. ONce you complete that it will send you to your paypal account for the final checkout and to pay for the item. That is where you will apply the 10% off coupon if you have one.

The coupon threw me for a loop because there is a spot for a coupon code on the sellers checkout page. It will not take the ebay coupon. Too many characters. I was upset at first as I did not think I would be able to use the additional 10% coupon but when you are at the end of the sellers checkout page it will tell you that it will link you to your paypal account when you click complete checkout or something like that.

Hope that helps too.