PDA

View Full Version : Sears Professional 10" & 12" TS

Michael N Taylor
11-26-2008, 8:08 AM
I was looking on Sears website and saw that they have a 10" & 12" "Professional" cabinet saws with a 3 hp motor. The 10" is $1300 and the 12" is $1600. I was wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with either of these saws and what they think of them.

Thomas Williams
11-26-2008, 8:18 AM
I have seen them in the catalog as well, but I do not know anything other that that. I have the 22124 hybrid and it is a very good saw, but again I do no know if the higher HP saws are the same.
Unless you have a pile of Sears gift cards, I think Steel City and Grizzly have decent saws in the same price range.

scott spencer
11-26-2008, 8:36 AM
I have seen them in the catalog as well, but I do not know anything other that that. I have the 22124 hybrid and it is a very good saw, but again I do no know if the higher HP saws are the same.
Unless you have a pile of Sears gift cards, I think Steel City and Grizzly have decent saws in the same price range.

I agree. The 22124 hyrid is a well proven popular 1-3/4hp saw, but the 3hp cabinet saws aren't well known. The Grizzly, Shop Fox, and Steel City saws in the same price range are very popular and well respected.

Marcus Ward
11-26-2008, 9:33 AM
Being as the horsepower is the same, the 12" is going to have a harder time than the 10" since the lever arm of the 12" is longer and would require more hp to cut the same thing as a 10". At least, I think that's right. Also, go price a 12" forrest woodworker II, versus a 10". (Do they even make a 12" version of that?) Unless you have to rip 4" thick lumber, I think a 10" is going to be a better bet, personally.