PDA

View Full Version : Problem with VERSA LASER AIR COMRESSOR

Andrey Anfimov
11-26-2008, 5:24 AM
Hello!
I have problem with the compressor.
Model - VERSA LASER AIR COMRESSOR with refrigerant dryer.
Air on output of the compressor contains drops of water.
I have found out water on the Mirror #2 and on a table on the left side.
I have disconnected a tube from VERSA LASER and water has poured out from it!
It is second time I've found water inside VersaLaser.
It is a typical problem? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Frank Corker
11-26-2008, 8:54 AM
Hi Andrey, they all emit a quantity of water but there are inline filters that can be put at the outlet of the compressor. I have a small compressor which I spray small areas with and it has one on there, see the photo below. The one that I have on my laser is an Epilog supplied one and I have very few issues of water with that one. The longer the compressor is running, the more condensation will build up and the more water will be retained. If your compressor is below your laser then the condensation will collect at the compressor end, if it is above, then it is going to run out of the tube at the laser end. One of these will almost certainly trap the water and it can be released by unscrewing the little bolt at the bottom.

Mark Winlund
11-26-2008, 9:34 AM
If you have a refrigerated dryer, there is something seriously wrong with it or your installation. The compressed air should be dry as a bone. You should never see any water in your machine. The dryer doesn't absorb water, it removes it. I would check the output line on the dryer... it should be ice cold. If not, it's not working. Possible causes: unplugged, turned off, refrigerant leaked out, water drain plugged.

Mark

Andrey Anfimov
11-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the help.
I have a refrigerated dryer.
I have checked up the output line on the dryer. It is not cold at all. It means, that the cooler does not work. It is a pity, only 9 months the compressor has worked and has died.

Mike Mackenzie
11-26-2008, 1:54 PM
Andrey,

Those are Grainger parts and still should be covered under warranty. Contact your uls service office and talk to them regarding the problem.

Scott Shepherd
11-26-2008, 3:09 PM
And never ever ever run it with any trace of water. The design of the ULS system pumps air across the mirrors and the lens. Any water in the system will put water on your mirrors and lens, which will fracture when the beam hits it.

Andrey Anfimov
11-26-2008, 3:54 PM
Mike,
I have addressed in service office in Cairo (Egypt), but people at this office probably sleep. I have sent in office 30.10.2008 letter with the description of malfunction of the compressor.
Till today I have no answer from them. On each my call only ask: what malfunction? What serial number?
And do nothing. Therefore I have decided find out if somebody can to help me at this forum. Thanks, Mark Winlund, now I know, that the cooler is faulty.
And I stop use the compressor. It make me very big trouble.

Mike Mackenzie
11-26-2008, 4:43 PM
Andrey,

Send your letter to service@ulsinc.com Include your system serial number and tell them of your difficulties with your local service.

Andrey Anfimov
11-26-2008, 7:35 PM
I already wrote on uls. Here the citation from the letter from uls.
"1. You can contact Hitec direct and get your compressor resolved with them, this may be the quickest and best option, I do not know for sure.
2. You can contact our sales department and order another compressor from them; they can be contacted at sales@ulsinc.com
3. You can continue to work with the service department and we will issue a CRA for your compressor to have it returned here for a "repair and return.""

I have chosen an option #1. I am not the citizen of Egypt, I only live in Egypt. I am from Russia. It is difficult for me to use options #2 and #3.
Also the person from uls has advised to me to search for a management of local service by myself.