PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw Glitch

Sylvia Mossbrucker
11-25-2008, 6:37 PM
Hello Creekers,

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with cropping in corel draw? I know most of you do your cropping and sizing in photoshop, but for what I do cropping in Corel has worked okay for the most part. I have just run into some issues of my image/art changing after it has been cropped. It has either lightened or changed shades all together. If anyone has had any similar experiences please share with me, or if you may know the reason please share that as well.

Bill Cunningham
11-25-2008, 9:50 PM
It might depend on whether the original image is RGB, or CMYK.. If it's CMYK, corel might be converting the onscreen to RGB while maintaining the CMYK. That can cause a shift in what you see on screen, but not in the actual file..

Just a thought!

Joseph Hadley
11-25-2008, 10:42 PM
It may depend on what you are cropping. Is it a photo image or vector based object? If the latter, perhaps you are cropping a lens overlay that changes once cropped. If it's a jpg/tiff etc image...good luck!

I've found that having everything on the same layer makes for a more successful crop.

andy blackett
11-26-2008, 4:01 PM
Try using the bitmap colour mask, have had some good success with this. Attached is some basic instructions, did this little tutorial for a mate so please excuse the informal-ness of it!

Andy