PDA

View Full Version : Judao-Christian Ideas

Steve Clarkson
11-25-2008, 4:29 PM
So my niece (who is Catholic) is marrying a nice Jewish boy. I searched the forum and didn't find anything under Jewish or Hebrew.

I'd like to make them a few good gifts for their Wedding Shower (the dart board is going to be the gag gift) but need some ideas (basically a little more personalized than the standard wedding stuff).

One thing I was thinking about doing was a wooden double wine bottle box. I wanted to engrave something on the box and then two wine bottles (one with Catholic clip art and one with Jewish clip art). But of course I have no idea EXACTLY what to put on each one.

Have I mentioned how UNCREATIVE I am?

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Frank Corker
11-25-2008, 6:36 PM
Maybe I can kickstart you with these.

Michael Kowalczyk
11-25-2008, 7:38 PM
Hey Steve,
For the Wine box you should have the Blessing in Hebrew

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Blessings/Daily_Blessings/Food_Blessings/Over_Wine/over_wine.html

or at least transliterated. You can also make a Tzedakah Box or get a good photo of them and engrave it with meaningful Scripture Verses on marble. One from the Tanach and one from the Brit Hadashah.
Will it be a Traditional Jewish ceremony, A Messianic Jewish ceremony, a Catholic ceremony, a Justice of the Peace or are they flying to Las Vegas?

Something with a Dove is nice or depending on the above, there is a Messianic symbol that has a Menorah on top, Star of David in the middle and an Ichthys on the bottom.

Look here for an example: http://altreligion.about.com/library/glossary/symbols/bldefsmessianic.htm

If you have any other specific questions, just PM me.

Mark Singer
11-25-2008, 7:56 PM
Mit such great advice.....vat can I say? Mazal Tov!

Steve Clarkson
11-25-2008, 9:30 PM
Those are perfect! Thanks.

I'm not sure what their plans are yet.....the wedding is scheduled for next September.

Bill Cunningham
11-25-2008, 9:44 PM
A nice wine box with a special vintage, their engagement photo on the front and the word L'Chaim ('to life')

Steve Clarkson
11-25-2008, 9:52 PM
Is there a Hebrew font in X4? I tried copying those Hebrew sayings to my clipboard, but it wouldn't let me......

Mike Null
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Steve

See if you can find WP Hebrew David in your Bitstream Font Navigator. If not you may have to insert your Corel disc and let Font nav. search for you.