PDA

View Full Version : I can't go to any web site accept sawmill Creek

Bart Leetch
06-05-2004, 6:54 PM
True I really enjoy the creek but I don't understand this. I have restarted the computer several times as well as the restarting the DSL modem. LOML's computer seems to be getting to any web site she want to go to but not mine. We're using the same modem.

Bart Leetch
06-05-2004, 7:13 PM
I did a system restore & it works ok now.

Bart Leetch
06-05-2004, 8:09 PM
Well I spoke to soon I can now go to Wood Central & Sawmill Creek & no where else.

Jim Becker
06-05-2004, 8:58 PM
Please describe in more detail about what is happening when you type in a different URL or attempt to access another site from your favorites list. It will make it a little easier for folks to help you out, Bart.

Dan Mages
06-05-2004, 9:04 PM
If it happens again, I reccomend deleting your temp internet files, cookies, and clearing your history.

Dan

Richard McComas
06-05-2004, 9:51 PM
Bart, it's because your computer knows SM is the best place to be.

Bart Leetch
06-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Well it got worse I couldn't get on the internet or get E-mail at all. So I took a short nap, when I woke up everything worked just fine.

I wonder if there may have been a server that wasn't working somewhere?

John Miliunas
06-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Bart, the Network outage would be my best guess. That just happened to me the other evening. Of course, being the computer nerd I am, I immediately started troubleshooting my whole system! After confirming that all appeared as it should, I tried just browsing out to my ISP's home page. All was good *within* it, but I couldn't get to any of the 3rd party links. I finally called their Tech Support. Sure enough, they were "working on the problem and should be back up shortly". About an hour later, all was good again. :cool:

Terry Hatfield
06-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Bart,

Sometimes a nap can cure most anything. :D

t

Steve Clardy
06-06-2004, 7:23 PM
[QUOTE=Terry Hatfield]Bart,

Sometimes a nap can cure most anything. :D

Hey Buddy. NO NAPPING down there at ALL!!
Peacock and Rose are working, so the same for you now. I'll be down to check on you if I hear about the napping thing again.:eek: