PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly t/s

Vince Shriver
11-25-2008, 5:15 AM
Does anyone have experience with the Grizzly G0651 tablesaw? I know the Grizzly G1023 has been a popular model, but I am curious about the difference between it and the 651. As there is a considerable difference in the price of the two, I'd like to know what additional features I'd be purchasing with the 651 vs the 1023. Thanks, Vince

Mark McGee
11-25-2008, 6:03 AM
Check this thread:
Grizzly G0651 Tablesaw Arrives

The G0651 has a riving knife, outfeed table, and side extension table.

I have had mine for about 4 months now and like it a lot.

Jim Becker
11-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Vince, the G0651 will likely be the going forward product because of the riving knife and new regulations. Despite the attractive price of the G1023 series, out of the two models I'd still opt for the G0651 for that reason alone. And as Mark points out, they are including some additional work surfaces with the newer machine. It will be interesting to see if they add additional versions that subtract or add things like that for various price points like they have had with the G1023 series over the years.

Chris Ricker
11-26-2008, 9:21 AM
Vince;
I have owned the 651 since July '08 and love this machine. It is a brute that handles wood up to 3" without a whimper. the trunions are massive and the top has the extra room that I frequently need. The main reason I bought the 651 is the Riving Knife. With my last saw I experienced a kick-back or two which convinced me this is a necessary safety device. The fence on the 651 is a pleasure to use and is accurate. If properly positioned the riving knife does not have to be removed for non-thru cuts, the only time you have to remove it is for dado cuts. The only negative thing I can say is the digital angle gauge stays on all of the time, while not effecting performance just the fact that its on kind of bothers me so I just unplug it. I do not have experience with the 1023 but it comes highly recommended by many. I do know that if you get the 651 you will not be disappointed.