PDA

View Full Version : Last one of the Bowls I turned, I'm now into

Leo Van Der Loo
11-25-2008, 2:50 AM
turning Christmas Ornaments,, got to get adjusted and organised :rolleyes:, still is very slow going so far :D
Anyway this a Norway Maple, 13" X 5", and quite plain, good working bowl I think.
All comments appreciated :D

Skip Spaulding
11-25-2008, 7:24 AM
Great "working bowl"! Nice size for many uses. Norway maple is considered an invasive here in Vermont because it grows so fast it pushes out our sugar maples, so keep making them into bowls you are helping to save the maple sugar industry!

Steve Schlumpf
11-25-2008, 7:32 AM
That's a good looking bowl Leo! Nice size, form and finish! I also like the detail lines just below the rim as well as around the foot area - simple yet enhancing! I don't find the wood all that plain but it does seem like it would work well for dye.

Thanks for sharing Leo! Looking forward to seeing some of your Christmas ornaments!

Barry Stratton
11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Another beautiful work horse!! That would look great on any table.

Bernie Weishapl
11-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Great looking bowl Leo. Wood, form and finish look mighty fine.

Leo Van Der Loo
11-25-2008, 6:56 PM
Hi Skip, thanks :D, Yes I suppose they can be invasive with those loads of keys on them, but I've never seen them in the bush here, only on the city boulevards or rather as planted trees only, and just like you say for the reason of having a tree in rather short order, though I do prefer a Red or Sugar Maple over the Norway Maple any day and especially in the fall :D.

Leo Van Der Loo
11-25-2008, 7:04 PM
Thanks Steve :D, dyeing wood :eek: :D, hmmnn, not likely, but never say never :D, seen some pretty Ash candles dyed, but don't hold your breath :).
Ornaments, yes I better get my A** in gear or I'll never get any done :rolleyes:

Leo Van Der Loo
11-25-2008, 7:06 PM
Thanks Barry and Bernie for the comments, I do appreciate it :D :D

Keith Burns
11-25-2008, 8:27 PM
Looks great Leo. Nice form and details.

Leo Van Der Loo
11-26-2008, 3:35 AM
Thanks Keith, have fun take care :D