PDA

View Full Version : storage shed

David Wilson
06-05-2004, 5:10 PM
Seems I remember some talk about storage sheds. This is a pic of the shed I built a few years ago. Local codes allow buildings under 120 sq ft to be built without a permit. Designed shed on autocad from the outside in. Started with a 10'X12' footprint and offset all 4 sides in 1/4". Therefore under 120 sq ft. At the time no one in my area handeled 10' rafters so I built my own. Basic pole construction and used translucent fiberglass on the peaks which allows light in and allowed me to utalize 4X8 siding panels. I like to hang things and this gave me 8' walls.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7726&stc=1http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7726&stc=1

John Miliunas
06-05-2004, 8:53 PM
Nice job on the shed, Dave. Not only a nice design, but a very workable size and efficient use of materials. :) I've been trying to talk LOML into letting me build one near her proposed garden area. It would be so-o-o-o-o convenient for her, save her a lot of steps, put all her necessary garden tools in one spot, where she uses them most and it wouldn't barely even be seen from just about anywhere on the property. It really would be nice for her. :) Plus, it would free up some room in our current attached shed, which I might consider for raw wood storage. :D I know what you're thinking: "Gosh John, you are just so giving and considerate of the needs of your bride!" What can I say? Just that kind o' guy, I guess! :D :cool:

Fred Voorhees
06-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Nice shed Dave! Shares some of the same ideas that I incorporated into the storage shed that I built last summer. I did want to add a cupola on top like you did. I wanted to build it and have louvers incorporated for the ventilation aspects, however time constraints kept me from doing that. It looks as though you built yours on top of a concrete slab. I went the route of pouring a number of small pads and then two courses of concrete block to get everything up off of the ground. The high floor is accessed from the outside via two ramps that have the extruded aluminum ramp ends bolted onto them. Holes in the ramp ends and in various locations in the floor at the door area lock the ramps into the widths needed to cooincide with the various lawn equipment stored in the shed. Have done some plantings and sprucing up around the shed to enhance the looks of it this summer.