PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go...

Matt Campbell
11-24-2008, 8:21 PM
...daggum!!! (Remember, I'm in Tennessee. :D)

I put my Lenox Woodmaster CT on my G0513x2 today. There was absolutely no adjustment to make with the fence, which I was surprised by. It cut straight and true. Right now I'm working on a bed which has 4 legs that are finished to 3" square. Well, I put some 6" x 6" walnut through it, and I couldn't slow the saw down or even get the blade to drift no matter how fast I fed it through. The difference between the Woodmaster CT and the factory blade from Grizzly is amazing. It left such a nice finish, too. That's all!

Jim Becker
11-24-2008, 8:29 PM
My experience was the same with the TriMaster. The CT and the TriMaster cut like butter and can be re-sharpened. While expensive up front, they also have lives measured in many months or even years (if one doesn't do something stupid...;) ), rather than in hours and days like a typical off-the-shelf blade.

Do note that these blades are for straight cutting in dry wood. Don't make any curved cuts or you will find that the "straight and true" will degrade. Keep 'em for resaw and ripping work and use something else for those graceful curves and bowl blanks.

Jamie Buxton
11-24-2008, 8:43 PM
...The CT and the TriMaster cut like butter and can be re-sharpened....

Jim, I have a CT (which is giving very good service). The carbide inserts on it are teensy -- less than 50 mils in height, width, and depth. I'm surprised that there's enough meat there to resharpen. Do you know of a place which actually does it?