PDA

View Full Version : Nova Brick???

Bryan Rocker
11-24-2008, 8:08 PM
Have any of your had any experiences with Nova Brick good or bad? I saw it down at the BORG and I like the look of it. I currently have vinyl siding that I will be replacing in the not to distant future due to its many different shades. I am pretty confident that the Mrs and I could install it. Looking for what potential pit falls it might bring.....

Bryan

Neal Clayton
11-24-2008, 10:39 PM
no offense to anyone who has it, but it reeks of cheap imitation to me.

if you're replacing existing siding and looking for something more durable, i'd take a look at that hardiboard stuff. it stains like stucco so will eliminate the painting like any other non-wood siding, but you avoid the cheap pastic-ness of vinyl.

Andrew Derhammer
11-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Quick google search came up with this,
http://www.contractortalk.com/showthread.php?t=18013

Justin Leiwig
11-25-2008, 8:02 AM
Have any of your had any experiences with Nova Brick good or bad? I saw it down at the BORG and I like the look of it. I currently have vinyl siding that I will be replacing in the not to distant future due to its many different shades. I am pretty confident that the Mrs and I could install it. Looking for what potential pit falls it might bring.....

Bryan

I believe that almost all new ruby tuesdays are sided with it. There is one in springboro that I watched them put up the brick siding on if you want to drive by to see if it's the same stuff.

Bryan Rocker
11-25-2008, 9:52 AM
Thanks for the info Justin, I will make it a point of driving by one.