PDA

View Full Version : Performax 16-32 Replacement Belt

Ben Franz
11-23-2008, 11:59 AM
As part of an earlier thread about manuals for older units, the subject of replacement belts came up. Robyn Horton said that WMH sells a poly belt for about $500. That seems like an awful lot of dinero and smacks of price gouging.

When I bought a used unit in July, I found a poly belt on Amazon for $90. The seller was Hamilton Tool & Supply Co. (www.toolsupermarket.com (http://www.toolsupermarket.com) or 800-783-4766). I bought the belt but haven't put it on yet. Amazon now lists the item as unavailable so it doesn't show up in search results. It might be available directly from Hamilton.

Caveat: As stated, I haven't tried it yet but Hamilton guarantees the fit and function. Almost seems too good to be true given the price discrepancy from WMH. I've chosen to believe that WMH is out of line by charging $500 - proof pending (and ,no, I don't want to buy any bridges).

Ed Bamba
11-23-2008, 1:13 PM
I just replaced the belt on my drum sander with the one from Hamilton. It was an easy replacement. The belt isn't one of those thick rubberized type and is fairly thin. It seems to be quite strong enough for the application, and is a continuos seamless belt.

Ed

Andy Pratt
11-24-2008, 2:04 AM
I've seen belts available from a few different places in the $80-120 range (nothing recently), the WMH price is definitely absurd unless there's something we're missing. $500 to replace the belt on a $1000 machine just doesn't line up.

Jim Sears
11-24-2008, 5:56 AM
I got mine from Woodcraft. They had one for the Performax for something a little more than $100. But they also had an "off brand" for $45.00 IIRC. So you might want to check with them. Although it might have just been a fluke that they had mine.

Joe Von Kaenel
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Ben,

If you are talking about the conveyor belt, Woodcraft sells them for Jet 16-32 for $45.99. I'm not sure if there is a big difference between the Jet and Performax since WMH sold both units.

Joe