PDA

View Full Version : Alignment/fading question

fred sanchez
11-22-2008, 10:47 PM
QUICK QUESTION I THINK MY ENGRAVER MIGHT BE OUT OF ALIGMENT.
I ATTACHED 2 PICTURES ONE OF THE FINISHED ENGRAVING ON GRANITE AND THE OTHER A SHOT OF THE COREL SCREEN . AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE ENGRAVED PHOTO ITS FADED TOWARDS THE LEFT OF THE ENGRAVING.

WHAT MIGHT BE CAUSING THIS ?:confused:

Frank Corker
11-23-2008, 7:01 AM
Fred, I'm afraid I can't answer your question but I hope you don't mind me mentioning that your engraving would be 100 times better if that background on the left was white before processing, and it would still have to be a negative.

fred sanchez
11-23-2008, 11:23 AM
thanks frank for your reply frank
and i dont mind thanks for bringing that up about the background. i decided to take the plung into granite engraving this weekend so i need all the advice i can get.
that hand pic was my first try and here is the sec one i did
i think this came out a lil better and looks much better in person.

du you guys think i can make this better:confused:

Frank Corker
11-23-2008, 5:29 PM
No, I like that one, that's good.

Mike Mackenzie
11-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Fred,

Are you putting the granite up against the rulers? When you run low power and fast speeds you will get a slight fade if the artwork goes all the way up to the left ruler. Try moving the piece over to the one inch area and then move your graphic the same. See if you get the fading still. Also another thing to keep in mind is Granite is a natural product and it could vary from piece to piece.

Bill Cunningham
11-25-2008, 7:04 PM
If your etching too close to the rulers, I just use a simple square cut from acrylic scrap and stick it in the corner, moving my new corner and artwork alignment 2" out and down..
here is a simple 2" square in ver.8

fred sanchez
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Just wanted to thank you frank MIKE and bill for all your help

that square really helps to cool

John W. Love
12-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey Fred, that turtle looks great. And they are right about nudging up to the ruler.

Steve Clarkson
12-30-2008, 7:46 AM
your engraving would be 100 times better if that background on the left was white before processing, and it would still have to be a negative.

OK, I give up.....because I'm having this problem too. How do you make the background white AND keep the picture as a negative (you can't simply invert it)?

Bill Cunningham
12-30-2008, 9:01 PM
If you make the background black 'before' you create the negative via Photograv or whatever, the background will be white in the negative.. At least thats how I do it...

Steve Clarkson
12-30-2008, 9:19 PM
Thanks Bill