PDA

View Full Version : Online sources, Decals?

Shaddy Dedmore
06-04-2004, 12:04 PM
I thought I saw somewhere on this forum about decals, but the search doesn't have any hits. Can you do Decals? Is the resolution good enough for artwork, or should it stay text?

I have a friend that does tattoo'ing, and would like to put some of his art on bumperstickers or decals.

Is there an online source for buying decal stock? And, for that mater, what are some other sources, other than Laserbits.com for general lasering. Right now, looking at sheet of acrylic, wood, and some tile and marble for photo stuffs.

Thanks
Shaddy

Keith Outten
06-04-2004, 2:12 PM
Shaddy,

Bumper stickers and truck signs that are adhesive backed or backed with rubber magnet sheet, and the detail is not an issue since a laser engraver can produce detail that the human eye can hardly see :) Photographs are even possible and most graphics engrave as well as text. Laser Lights is available in lots of color combinations and there are catalogs full of new high tech acrylics and plastic materials. Check the pictures and you will see that you don't have to settle for rectangular decals, each blade of grass was individually vector cut by the laser.

Besides LaserBits I order material from JDS and Johnson's Plastics.