PDA

View Full Version : Build Your Own Pool Table

dan mosheim
11-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I have built a few pool tables over the years and we’re about to start another one … I have posted some stuff on my dorset custom furniture blog about the process, and I will update the info as we go along …. A pool table is a doable project … a big one yes, a heavy one yes, (you’ll need some good friends or a strong wife), but still, it's doable … here's the link http://dorsetcustomfurniture.blogspot.com/

Ben Martin
11-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow, those are nice!!

Ever built a shuffleboard table? I have a piece of bowling alley that is waiting to become one..

Leigh Betsch
11-23-2008, 9:10 AM
Great work. It's on my list but not this year.

Angus Hines
11-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Beautiful work Dan, you would make the likes of John Brunswick, AE Schmidt, FX Ganter and William Oliver. Jealous.

Don Bullock
11-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Those are fantastic. I especially like the one in the middle and can see why it won a Custom Woodworking Business magazine first place design award.

Norman Pyles
11-23-2008, 5:00 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Schafer
11-23-2008, 6:10 PM
I was just talking to my wife last night about the possibility of building a pool table. Where can you get a slate bed for the table? What plans do you use? I am very interested in trying this!

Jim Kirkpatrick
11-24-2008, 1:07 PM
Dan, Great work! I especially love the rustic table with thos massive timber legs/ aprons. You just don't see that kind of table...ever. Where did you reclaim that wood?